What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Haven’t played this hidden gem one for years.

20 Likes

The 'Oo - The Ultimate Collection.

Can’t be bovvered searching through stuff to listen to this afternoon, so just playing this in it’s entirety … tons of Stratocaster air guitar happening Chez Dave. :man_dancing:

20 Likes

Actually Graeme my comment was tongue in cheek because I know what’s coming up next :sunglasses:

1 Like

Elvis Costello. Almost blue.
Alphabetically chosen on the iPod. Forgot I had this. Elvis does country. And very nice too.

16 Likes

Hope there is plenty of windmilling, ala Pete :guitar: :guitar: :grinning:

1 Like

House to myself!

G

19 Likes

Absolutely!

And I’m only just managing to not smash the Strat into my amp at the end of certain choons.

2 Likes

First press, sounds rather good!

25 Likes

I might follow @dave-marshall with a bit of air guitar, but I won’t be using my teeth :grinning:

Experience Hendrix: The Best Of Jimi Hendrix.

19 Likes

Great album! Vol. Two is pretty good too, although he has a unique way with the violin!

1 Like

i want to see the photos of destruction at the end of your “performance” :smiley:

1 Like

In order to safeguard my amp, I’ve moved onto safer ground … now doing an Entwistle instead … boom boom!

1 Like

Afternoon session-

18 Likes

Ah that’s ok then, at least you can now have a drink while you “play”

:+1:

4 Likes

Yer beat me tuit. I was about to post Vol 2 with the comment ‘cool hat Ornette - by the way maybe less of the violin in the next set, yeah’

1 Like

Ministry Of Sound - the chillout session ibiza sunsets / 2002 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD 68

Really great compilation to warm up a cold Sunday! Includes tracks by Talk Talk, Nightmares On Wax, Chicane, Aphex Twin, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, Groove Armada, The Orb, The Beloved, The Future Sound Of London and Inner City.

5 Likes

Vinyl. Something to cheer up the day!

8 Likes

Joseph Haydn, Strings Quartet Op. 76. The London Haydn Quartet. Hyperion 2-CD.

This is the last album of the London Haydn Quartet Complete String Quartets from Haydn. I had registered on the river website to be notified when that CD would be released and for some reason it didn’t work, I only heard of its being release by a post from @EJS (thanks!)

At any rate it was worth the wait, the Haydn London Quartet maintaining their original and inspired interpretation of Haydn’s masterpiece. “No set of 18th Century string quartets is so wide-ranging in expression, or so heedless of the structural norms of the time”, says Richard Wigmore in the excellent booklet.

Hyperion recording is as usual near perfect.

Haydn London Haydn Quartet op 76

Claude

8 Likes

Gentlemen by the Vestbo Trio as recommended on the forum. Really enjoying it

3 Likes

Deep Purple - Burn, listening to the 30th Anniversary Edition from '04, which includes a number of remixes as bonus tracks.

15 Likes