What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A whole bunch of trax of this up and coming release.

7 Likes

Great album and hope you enjoy it! I believe it was 3 years ago you posted ‘Ballardeering’ and I have purchased 7 or 8 of Jakob’s albums since that time, I do love his music.

Yes. It’s snowing. But it’s also Sunday!

6 Likes

A snow themed morning (well coverwise anyway) tribute to the Beast.

Starting with imho Joni’s last great album and following up with, for me as an old fart, one of the very few bright sparks in the 80s rock scene - the Bunnymen.

Both on vinyl

15 Likes

Highway 61 revisited. When I first heard Queen Jane Approximately, as a single flip side I didn’t like it.
Now it’s one of my favourite tracks. Just like Tom Thumbs blues another brilliant overlooked song.
Love Bloomfields incendiary guitar on Tombstone blues.
Could he make a better album? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Alpha Mist - Structuralism
Listening to my new vinyl copy of this excellent 2019 record. Perfect for Sunday morning.

4 Likes

A few years I was in US staying at Flagstaff, Arizona and took a trip out to the Petrified Forest National Park on the way back along Highway 40, I passed through Winslow.

So I pulled up and as they say in the song “Well, I’m standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona”

Another box ticked.

12 Likes

Lee Scratch Perry - Heavy Rain

6 Likes

It’s snowing. A little.

6 Likes

Nicolas Meier - Orient / 2005 naim / UK CD / naimcd091

1 Like

Jon and Vangelis - Private Collection

Chosen based on the AMG review, which describes the last track as ‘life affirming’.

7 Likes

Yes, he could! Don’t get me wrong, this is a great album, but we haven’t got to my favourites yet. Listening to the older albums, which I have long neglected, is giving me an even greater admiration for the man. Even Mrs. G. Is starting to like him, although we both agreed the harmonica was a bit screechy on this one.

2 Likes

Alison Krauss | Forget About It | 1999

18 Likes

Some warming sounds for a wintery Sunday

13 Likes

System is sounding mighty fine on this snowy day. Felt like listening to this classic from King Crimson

21 Likes

CD - Wagram Records 2003 : )

1. Nuspirit Helsinki – “Trying (Butti 49 Nu-Níveau Mix)” – 5:58
  2. Trüby Trio feat. Joseph Malik – “High Jazz Nicola Conte Remix” – 6:25
  3. Infracom presents [re:jazz] – “Quiet Night (“Out of the Cool” Version)” – 4:58
  4. Big Bang – “Ping Pong” – 5:40
  5. Crusho – “Kool Bavaria (Patchworks Remix)” – 5:55
  6. Eric Pierre feat. Lady Gattica – “Channel Zero (Shades of Soul Remix)” – 5:07
  7. Patchworks – “Summertime” – 4:47
  8. DJ Cam – “Un été à Paris” – 4:21
  9. Briskey – “Conchita’s Cabine” – 4:32
  10. Variety Lab – “R. Bvor” – 3:53
  11. Llorca – “The Novel Sound” – 6:54
  12. Hardkandy – “Moonlight (Remix)” – 4:28
  13. Fertile Ground – “Take Me Higher” – 4:31
  14. De-Phazz – “Downtown Tazacorte” – 2:27
  15. Projections – “Half Pint” – 1:08
  16. 4 Hero aka TEK 9 – “We’re Gettin’ Down” – 4:35
  17. Moloko – “Sing It Back (Can 7 1930’s Mix)” – 2:09
14 Likes

Casiopea - Halle / 2002 Village / Japan CD / VRCL 2233

2 Likes

Snow theme part 2 - Ornette at the golden circle on CD. Marvelous - still sounds radical now -shake it up lads.

14 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band - Shades of Two Worlds

12 Likes

The Fabs, remixed

Yellow Submarine Songtrack, the Rubber Soul and Revolver tracks are a interesting listen.

16 Likes