What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Another great 1994 album Edwyn Collins - Gorgeous George.

.sjb

7 Likes

Mott The Hoople - Live
The 1973 Hammersmith Odeon gig second show, what a night this gig was it became part of Rock n Roll History for four reasons, Queen were supporting, The management shutdown, Motts and the audiences reaction or should I say riot, Mott were at there best that night and it was my first ever concert.

12 Likes

Life - Sly & The Family Stone.

9 Likes

Doesn’t Ian list three more David Bowie, Mick Jagger and You (the audience) before I’d like to introduce to you Ariel Bender…

2 Likes

But he didn’t know some of the things that were going to happen that night and Ariel was a revelation.

1 Like

4 Likes

Jimmy Reed - Five Classic albums - (ripped CD 1)

very enjoyable; purchased it a couple of years ago based on @ewemon recommendation in that thread !!

8 Likes

6 Likes

George Thorogood - Party Of One.

No Destroyers, just George gettin’ low and dirty with an acoustic guitar on this album of blues covers … and it’s really rather good.

8 Likes

I have the earlier Bill Evan’s albums New Conceptions, Everybody Digs, Portrait, Exolorations etc
But doing a bit of searching of the Bill Evan’s discography, after watching the Time Remebered doc I posted a little while back, came across this, on Tidal

20210208_114345

AllMusic Review by Ken Dryden

Tony Scott led several small groups of various sizes during the month of November 1957, resulting in three separate LPs being issued by Seeco, Carlton, and Perfect without duplicating any of the 24 tracks. This Fresh Sound two-CD set collects everything recorded during these sessions. Scott’s core group features pianist Bill Evans (not long after he was discharged from military service), either Milt Hinton or Henry Grimes on bass, and drummer Paul Motian. In addition to his powerful clarinet, Scott plays a potent baritone sax on six selections. The music includes a few standards, a handful of originals by Scott, and some obscure compositions. Trombonist Jimmy Knepper is a guest on several songs, providing a perfect foil for the leader in a snappy take of “The Lady Is a Tramp,” with the soloing on clarinet and baritone saxophonist Sahib Shihab following Knepper. Trumpeter Clark Terry (still with Duke Ellington at the time) blows a very soft solo in a subdued arrangement of “Tenderly.” Even though Evans was yet to make his mark as a leader or composer, his “Five” is heard in extended form rather than as a brief signoff as he played on early recording dates of his own. He also solos brilliantly in “There Will Never Be Another You.” The title to this collection is a bit misleading, as trustworthy discographies list these sessions as being recorded over several days. Because obtaining each of the originally issued LPs is likely to be very expensive for collectors, this comprehensive CD set is the better alternative.
:heart:

6 Likes

Steely Dan - countdown to ecstasy / 2011 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY 25036

22 Likes

I’ve got all “The Delaware Slide’s” albums with The Destroyers will have to check that one out
Cheers

1 Like

From Bandcamp

Herman Dune - Notes from Vinegar Hill

Described as:-

“There’s something for everyone on this record - folksy rockers, Bakersfield twang, Big Pink-style Americana, 70s AM Gold, and rough-hewn Cold Turkey guitar stomps.”

5 Likes

Well you ain’t bad either I spose!
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

The Band. Self titled. 50th anniversary cd bought yet again mainly for Woodstock performance.

15 Likes

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Cutting edge then and now.

17 Likes

Drinkin’ TNT n Smokin’ Dynamite
:+1:

3 Likes

Seems apt given the arrival of some decent white stuff locally

1 Like

B…b…b…bad to the bone :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ride On Josephine still has to be my favourite from their debut (I think it was there first album?)
Saw a TV doc about the band around the time this came out and got the bus into town and came back with this

11 Likes