What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Thorbjorn Risager, Come On In. LP.

I’ve posted that before, but I’m returning to Thorbjorn Risager tonight with Ms. ClaudeP and we’re having a great time. That LP cries for a drink and I think we’ll oblige.

Thanks to the Naim Forum, there’s just no way I would ever have heard of that great album without it. Plus it may be the coolest LP sleeve of my collection!

ThorbjrnRisagerTheBlack53479_f

Claude

7 Likes

Now playing…

Eric & Ulrika Bibb - Pray Sing Love

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… returning home after a long walk with wife and selecting a random pick album to play. First time listen and Ulrika has a lovely voice, enjoying this one quite a bit! Looking forward to the rest of the album…

10 Likes

Thanks @Charles64 this is new to me and very enjoyable.

1 Like

Gentle start to the day with Beethoven’s piano sonatas, mug of tea, cricket on TV with sound off (3 wickets to go).

7 Likes

Bowie Young Americans

22 Likes

Mind your ankle as you dance to this! :sunglasses:Get well soon.

1 Like

I just started to foot tap when I realised this probably wasn’t a great choice. :grin:

1 Like

Breakfast treat

5 Likes

Timothy Seals, A New Dawn, bandcamp

Covers of music from the original Mechwarrior 2 Soundtrack (1995). Very brooding with sombre bass.

Would this be in the same vein as “Derek and Clive”?

16 Likes

Well that did make me laugh - I’ll let the Kevster answer that. Bona luck.

1 Like

Fine album from 2006,by King Creosote,aka Kenny Anderson.

2 Likes

10 Likes

This is a wonderful album, one that @seakayaker may well like.

3 Likes

21 Likes

A sensational four-hour, three-set recording of the Dead at their peak in '73. See you at 4pm!

12 Likes

@CBR600 - Hardly. It’s all innuendo, homosexuality still being illegal at the time. How this got past the Beeb’s prim upper management is a wonder in itself.

1 Like

Bartók String Quartets 1-6 - Emerson String Quartet

6 Likes