What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

These guys certainly know how to write a song - beautifully crafted album.

1 Like

Genesis - Foxtrot - ‘80s vinyl
A high point of prog, complex songs, superbly sung and a fantastic band. Supper’s Ready is just an amazing song.

23 Likes

16 Likes

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (Side A) - Columbia Legacy (2010)

This French reissue was remastered at Kevin Gray’s Cohearant Studios and pressed at MPO in France and is an excellent pressing that was a bit of a sleeper on it’s release when I paid about £20 but like all decent copies of KOB now sells for much more.

20 Likes

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (Mono) (Side B) - Columbia (2013)

Released on RSD as part of Miles Davis-The Original Mono Recordings series
remastered at Sterling Sound and pressed at RTI another very decent reissue if you come across one.

I have a few copies of KOB and enjoy playing different copies to compare them of these two I prefer the Cohearant stereo version.

15 Likes

1 Like

Starting my Tuesday with Beth Orton Trailer Park.

15 Likes

Unfortunately gave up on Thomas Cohen

Now playing a ‘local’ goth band, I was introduced to them by a good friend and we went to several gigs over the years, some in ‘odd’ places Keighley Town Hall for instance.
My friend went to all 4 nights of this and was probably at the bottom of a Tower.

The Mission (UK) - The First Chapter Wednesday 27th February 2008

4 Likes

John McLaughlin with Elvin Jones and Joey DeFrancesco - After The Rain, this talented trio perform a purely instrumental album.

9 Likes

Now Playing…

Keb’ Mo’ - Slow Down

Streaming on NAS… continuing on this afternoon with Keb’ Mo’ after finishing today’s exercise program. Keb’ Mo’ has the toes tapping the body swaying, and he is sounding mighty sweet this after! Having a short break with a sandwich and then heading out the door to take a walk with the wife through the neighborhood on sunny and very cool day. Life is pretty sweet!

15 Likes

Marc Ford (x Black Crows) Holy Ghost

2 Likes

Debut Bicep LP from 2017. Just reissued to coincide with the new one, Isles.

Sounding good.

1 Like

1 Like

Catchy tunes, clever lyrics, great recommendation @Pete_the_painter

2 Likes

Complete and utter filth! On CD.

10 Likes

The last album, Fallow is definitely worth a listen. Cheers.

1 Like

:+1:

3 Likes

Have We Met - Destroyer

I’ve got the album before this, but this one is new to me. The knowingly morose vibe is an acquired taste, and I’m not sure if I’ve fully acquired it.

2 Likes

Inspired by another thread, Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited

23 Likes

Playing on vinyl. One of the best “east meets west” fusion records I know.

5 Likes