What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Freddie Hubbard - Open Sesame - 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 7243 4 95341 2 4

Another CD arrival today, FH’s amazing Blue Note debut.

18 Likes

Bob Dylan, Bringing It All Back Home. Cd. The Original Mono Recordings.

15 Likes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus.

17 Likes

4 Likes

Alpha Boys School Music In Education (Trojan CD) Perfect accompaniment to the most remarkable of books, telling the seemingly most unlikeliest story of the Alpha Boys School, literally as the sub title says The Cradle Of Jamaican Music. Sister Ignatious and her fellow Sisters Of Mercy taught “wayward youth”, the poor and neglected the skills of playing music, thus training and mentoring most of the noteworthy musicians to come from Jamaica without whom there likely would have been no Ska, Rocksteady Reggae, Dub and beyond.
Most heartily recommended, the book is only around a tenner

Ps dont be put off if your not a fan of “Reggae” a lot of the music on the CD is Jazz and RnB based and the book is much broader musically than you might expect. imo a must read irrespective of musical genre, amazing and inspiring.
:heart:

5 Likes

Ray La Montagne | Ouroboros | 2016
More heavy snow falling, more fine music to accompany it…

13 Likes

Crowded House - Woodface.

18 Likes

A Perfect Circle - Eat The Elephant

3 Likes

I almost put this one on 10 minutes ago. Good stuff!

1 Like

Ed Kuepper - Hones Steel’s Gold
ripped CD - during my workout

1 Like

Fleetwood Mac. Vinyl 1975. Prefer this to Rumours to be honest.

Fleetwood_Mac_-Fleetwood_Mac(1975)

20 Likes

Dana Gavanski - Canadian/Serbian living in London.

A mini album with a gorgeous cover of the beautiful King Crimson song - I talk to the Wind.

Hi Res on Bandcamp

4 Likes

Revisiting the early days of Elvis C.

My word he was good back then.

19 Likes

A long overdue spin of this David Coverdale classic

4 Likes

Kate Bush | 50 Words For Snow | 2011
Perhaps a corny reason to be playing this (in a snowstorm) but it fits very well and I haven’t had it out in a while. Hard to believe its now ten years old.

14 Likes

Listened to part of a YouTube interview with her (it’s over an hour long so will listen to the rest at some point
Interesting start to her career she applied to the Juilliard to study opera and was originally waited listed but eventually got a place as the 7th person in the intake (usually 6) she took a Musical theatre masterclass. Graduated in Opera but eventually worked on Broadway but moonlighted in the Clubs

Morgan James - Hunter

I really like her

5 Likes

King Crimson - Red

I really like Fripp’s playing on this album.

Edit: I hadn’t listened to this for ages, probably close to ten years, but what a truly splendid album it is. I’m almost tempted to post it on the jazz thread too - I wonder if that might just be a tad too controversial?

8 Likes

Just heard the sad news that Mary Wilson has passed away.
RIP & Respect due
20210209_180646
:heart:

17 Likes

Sorry Dread, I forgot to answer your question about Lee Scratch Perry, yes I played Heavy Rain on Sunday - I guess you didn’t see my post here. :+1:

1 Like

Ros Stewart - Sessions 1971 - 1998, a very good 4 cd set of alternative versions and outtakes from his more creative period.

13 Likes