What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Excellent melodic jazz from the Shinya Fukumori Trio. Fukumori is a drummer and is joined by Matthieu Bordenave on tenor and Walter Lang on piano. It’s just a great listen and one of my favourite recent ECM releases. I’m finding a lot of their recent stuff a bit dull but this is brilliant.

6 Likes

This thread is too fast moving by far to see everything, appreciate your kind courtesy though.
No worries, it was an open reply for anyone interested anyway. Glad you like your “Scratch”…

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Now playing…

John Potter & The Dowland Project - Care-charming sleep

John Potter (Voice), The Dowland Project: Stephen Stubbs (Chitarrone, Baroque Guitar), John Surman (Soprano Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), Maya Homburger (Baroque Violin) and Barry Guy (Double-Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a recommendation from @anon4489532 and taking the album out for a spin. The opening track is sounding wonderful and looking forward to the rest of the album!

5 Likes

Blowing away the cobwebs with this.

21 Likes

CD - Internal Bass 1996 : )

Fab music on the home audio…
and even better when cruising around in the car:
Only smooth and cool drivers need apply! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Annie Lennox | Bare | 2003
Not a good night to be Bare but I do love Annie’s voice.

10 Likes

Too early for a Christmas album?

2 Likes

Jeremiah Fraites solo album - Piano Piano.

Dim the lights and enjoy with drop of whatever takes your fancy.

1 Like

Watch How The People Dancing - Unity Sounds

Having a bit of a Reggae night kicking of with Kenny Knots - Ring My Number from this excellent Unity Sounds Compilation.

4 Likes

Nitty Gritty - Turbo Charged - Greensleeves

Followed by Down In The Ghetto from the above.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Little John - Reggae Dance - Abraham Records

And Sweet Reggae Music by Little John

4 Likes

Not the usual Debussy- Rameau album I play but his take on Philip Glass. Just beautiful playing

Johnny Osbourne - Fally Lover - Greensleeves

And Ice Cream Love from King Jammy’s favourite vocalist.

3 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time OutTakes / 2020 Brubeck Editions / US CD / BECD20200901

Another spin of this excellent recent CD release.

17 Likes

Half Pint - Greetings - Power House 12"

The one and only Half Pint with Greetings.

2 Likes

Lovely slab of Afrobeat with a heavy political message from Femi & Made Kuti (Fela’s son & grandson). Streaming via Tidal altho I have a hunch the vinyl will be winging its way to Chateau BC ere long.

2 Likes

Now playing…

John Potter & The Dowland Project - Night Sessions

John Potter (Tenor) and The Dowland Project: Stephen Stubbs (Lute, Chitarrone, Baroque Guitar, Vihuela), John Surman (Soprano Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Percussion), Maya Homburger (Baroque Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin, Viola) and Barry Guy (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with another album with John Potter and The Dowland Project and they are sounding sublime! Thanks to @anon4489532 for the recommendation…

4 Likes

Eric Clapton - Journeyman, on sacd.

17 Likes

Annie Lennox | Diva | 1992

15 Likes