What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Steven Cummings Lovetown.

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this beautiful album from Anouar, members of his quartet and the the stings lead by Pietro Mianiti. This is one very sweet album!

4 Likes

Now playing - the instrumental disc is particularly good
image|375x500

2 Likes

“Affiliated”

1 Like

Intervention Records are reissuing Starfish and pre orders are being taken now.

1 Like

Social Club.

1 Like

Neal Molrse, ? , cd rip

Arrived in the post yesterday. Quite expensive; I don’t, typically, spend more than a fiver on a cd. However the gushing reviews in the prog quarters incited me to splash out. First play…

3 Likes

Fish, Weltschmerz, download

tbh another album purchased because… ‘well I like this artist so I MUST get this album’ syndrome. Had it a while but this is only the second play. Second time around it’s sounding better than the first time though, tbh, I’ve yet to find any ‘Fish’ albums that can touch ‘A Feast of Consequences’

3 Likes

I agree, Steve. I think AFOC is his stand out solo album, I must give it a play again soon.

Enjoying this through Tidal this morning

2 Likes

And now this, rather decent too.

3 Likes

Chick Corea Trio - Trilogy / 2014 Concord / US CD x 3 / CJA35685 02

RIP Chick, Thank You for the fantastic music that enriched our lives.

13 Likes

On my list for a purchase today.

This is a wonderful album - music for two voices and two lutes. As well as 17th century pieces it includes music specially written by rock musicians, among them John Paul Jones, who has set three Spanish poems to music. Simply brilliant.

3 Likes

Starting the day with this lost album from way back in the day when I used to have a cassette tape of this. Memories flooding back, big thanks to @Steve_S for posting this yesterday and reminding me of a forgotten album.
Fantastic Blues/Rock (wasn’t he also on the band Gong?)
The only difference is I remember the cover art being green.
20210212_103348
:heart:

6 Likes

Obvious, really. Sadly.

20 Likes

You are thinking of Procol Harum @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like

Indeed, I just heard the news too

1 Like

Right! Thanks, this is a particularly fuzzy area of my memory :joy:
Robin Trower was in Procol Harem? Dont know why I thought of Gong
:+1:

1 Like

Actually listening again now I can hear that distinctive guitar sound from Procol Harem.
Just played For Earth Below album from Tidal at neighbour troubling volume, but sh@t the album feels too damn short! The title track closing the album sort of anti climaxes in a fade to finish leaving you wanting more :rofl:

I have quite a few lost albums from memory that I wish I still had, some were taken to partys or whatever and never made it back home, but my musical taste had started to go in a radically (life changing) different direction and I sold many of them thinking I was no longer interested in those records.
Silly Boy! :joy:

1 Like