What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Alan Jackson - Who I Am

Streaming on NAS… continuing through the noon hour with a little Country Western, Alan Jackson’s ‘Who I Am.’ I saw Alan perform a couple of times back in the day when I lived in Dallas and he always put on a fantastic show and he is sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
Rolling Stones - Blue and Lonesome

Both vinyl

12 Likes

The Art Pepper Quartet - The Art Pepper Quartet , Omnivore Recordings
Mono RM by Kevin Gray (2017)

11 Likes

1 Like

A funny thing happened on the way to the music tonight…

I fancied something orchestral but couldn’t decide what but I also fancied something to further my musical edukashun, for some reason I remembered somewhere back the deep recesses of this thread a discussion on the EST that’s all I could remember of their name.

Enter Qobuz search found an album from EST called Whole so hit play. Oops I somehow think a screaming death metal growl was NOT what the forumites were suggesting😂
This EST are so obscure I can’t find any info about them apart from the album was released in 2013.

EST - Whole 2013

Try again with another search and I came up with the real Esbjorn Svensson Trio randomly selected this - yes I know technically it’s not EST but the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra playing EST

Anyhoo result something orchestral and something educational

E.S.T Symphony

5 Likes

Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns - WAV CD rip
Joni moving towards jazz rhythms, as ever her lyrics are genuine poetry, fine playing from her band, a great album.

18 Likes

Starting my Friday with Lindsey Buckingham Under the Skin. Not a huge fan but enjoying this so far.

8 Likes

Two great jazz gods sounding stately, as they should. On vinyl.

20 Likes

A local favourite, The Church Starfish

7 Likes

Playing on vinyl this comp released last year. I’m half way through this 3LP set. Thoroughly wonderful throughout.

6 Likes

cover
Deluxe version

13 Likes

Kiki Dee - Great Expectations, this is her debut album for Tamla Motown, she was the first british artist signed to the label.

6 Likes

R and J on this is probably the best live version ever recorded.

1 Like

With great sadness I am playing this…

Chick RIP

14 Likes

Yes that was very sudden. A rare form of cancer apparently.

Now, Ella whizzes over to the house of the only jazz figure who can legitimately stand with King Louis – the Duke.

13 Likes

George Benson - In Flight

Last of the evening. Vinyl.

5 Likes

Just finished…

Alan Jackson - A Lot About Living’ | And A Little 'Bout Love

Alan Jackson (Vocals, Guitar), Eddie Bayers (Drums), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle), Robbie Flint (Slide Guitar), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), Rob Hajacos (Fiddle), Roy M. “Junior” Husky (Bass, Upright Bass) and Brent Mason (Electric Guitar).

and

Garth Brooks - The Chase

Garth Brooks (Vocals), Bruce Bouton (Lap Steel Guitar), Mark Casstevens (Acoustic Guitart), John Catchings (Strings), Gary Chapman (Vocals), Mike Chapman (Bass), Johnny Cobb (Vocals), David Davidson (Strings), [Conni Ellisor (Strings), Ty England (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Dave Gant (Fiddle, Keyboards), James Garver (Electric Guitar, Percussion, Vocals), Carl Gorodetzky (Strings), Rob Hajacos (Fiddle), Vicki Hampton (Vocals), Yvonne Hodges (Vocals), Lee Larrison (|Strings), Jess Leary (Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Vocals)Chris Leuzinger (Electric Guitar), Ted Madsen (Strings), Robert Mason (Strings), Steve McClure (Electric Guitar, Steel Guitar), Donna McElroy (Vocals), Laura Molyneaux (Strings), Craig Nelson (Strings, Debbie Nims (Vocals), Mike Palmer (Drums, Percussion), Pamela Sixfin (Strings), Milton Sledge (Drums, Percussion), Howard Smith (Vocals), Betty Smittle (Bass, Vocals)Christian Teal (Strings), Alan Umstead (Strings), Gary VanOsdale (Strings), Kristin Wilkinson (Strings), Bobby Wood (Keyboards, Piano) and Trisha Yearwood (Harmony, Vocals)

Streamed on NAS (44.1/16)… played a couple of C&W albums while exercising, a trip back to mid-90’s from my days living in Dallas. Now time for a walk…

5 Likes

And finally, the two titans come together…

12 Likes

Tears for Fears The Seeds of Love

14 Likes