What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Sharon Robinson just stopped spinning. It will not be the last time.
I bow to the “cognoscenti”.

1 Like

Scritti Politti - Words to Remember

Vinyl.

5 Likes

More to the point, when did Steve finally acquire a guitar with six strings ? :smile:

2 Likes

Robert Palmer - Heavy Nova.

15 Likes

Yeah, he’s gone all mainstream on us. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

David Bowie - Station To Station (2016 Remaster)

On Vinyl

22 Likes

Brilliant Dave :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Jah is my driver…

R-1636876-1233696730.jpeg

:heart:

4 Likes

Following posts by @Paul_C and @AndyP earlier this evening, just had a listen to this and it’s very good indeed.

8 Likes

Reminds me of my youth when i was into recording on cassettes. This was used as a reference back in the day. Still crisp and rather fresh even now.

2 Likes

Listening to Bowie from Amazon HD and the UnitiCore.
UnitiCore sounds better, but there could be loads of reasons for that, the path is completely different :smile_cat:

17 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (Keyboards, Conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (Vocal), Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Electronics), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Helge Norbakken (Percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (Zarb), Bjarte Eike (Violin), Per Buhre (Violin), Peter Spissky (Violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin), Rastko Roknic (Viola),Joel Sundin (Viola), Tom Pitt (Violoncello), Kate Hearne (Violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (Double-Bass), Andreas Arend (Theorboe, Archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (Harpsichord, Clavichord).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24… Continuing on this afternoon with Jon Balke’s ‘Siwan’ the album is an excellent recording with a extremely talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! One very sweet album and makes life so grand on this cold and snow bound day…

3 Likes

Van Morrison - Versatile.

11 Likes

David Bowie - Look at The Moon

This is rather good. This is the first one of the recent live albums I have bought as the set list looked intriguing. Sadly couldn’t get the vinyl as it was already sold out but I managed to get the CD.
Might get one of the two remaining to be issued depending on set list.

7 Likes

A bit of this for a Saturday evening

Recurring Dream - The Very Best Of Crowded House

and it’s sounding pretty good to

16 Likes

Great album to wake up to. :smiley:

Now I am listening to The Pretenders Alone :smiley:

10 Likes

Contains the song Jesse which is an all time classic - in my collection.

Mother Earth - The Tree People

3 Likes

6 Likes

Enjoying your snap lockdown. :thinking:

Continuing the Saturday evening listening with this

Rag N Bone Man - Human

As a debut I think this is great, new album due in April just hope it matches expectations

8 Likes