What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Jackson Browne Late for the Sky

17 Likes

Lou Reed’s dark Street Hassle

12 Likes

I bought this in London years ago and don’t mind the album but absolutely hate their version of Comfortable Numb.

Sister Scissors

7 Likes

Steely Dan Katy Lied

24 Likes

She is on ‘Later - Jools Holland’ on Friday BBC 2

1 Like

Thankyou

Maria McKee - Life is Sweet.

Love the way MM really pushes the vocals on this album almost into the Mary Margaret O’Hara zone.

6 Likes

Joss “Sausage” Stone - The Soul Sessions
My favourite album by Sausage who was a great Wiener on TV last night and deservedly won!!:grimacing:

11 Likes

Caravan, For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night, cd rip

Since the streamer is still in Caravan/AlbumArtist, easy to pick another from their discography.

12 Likes

5 Likes

Fortunately (?!) my CD copy has a damaged area right over Comfortably Numb so i have to skip to the next track.
Love The rest of it though.

1 Like

Yes she was definitely the best of them.

1 Like

Bartok String Quartets

Continuing my exploration of these quartets, this time with the Tokyo SQ recording on DG.

10 Likes

The finest Who album, 1st pressing vinyl

15 Likes

The Dog, The Dog, He’s at It Again

4 Likes

Me’Shell NdegéOcello - Plantation Lullabies / 1993 Maverick / German CD / 9362 45754 2

Having finally added my list of Favourite Female Vocalists to the Music Room thread, it encouraged me to give this gem a play today.

4 Likes

The final disc from this four-CD set, which isn’t from Japan at all, it’s from St Louis, USA on 11th October 1995; the 1: Outside tour with NIN. It’s very good though.

8 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider - Down To The Moon / 2006 Edel / Germany CD / 0166702CTT

4 Likes

On glorious 180g 45 rpm…
Sounding rather nice.

13 Likes

Back in the mid seventies when Jamaican Music was on a roll, many major labels were trying to cash in with short term signings.
However Virgin were rather more committed. Legend has it that Virgin despatched Johnny Rotten along with journalist Chris Salewizc and others, who held court at the Kingston Sheraton Hotel with a case full of cash to temp the Islands artist to sign up. This was the founding of the essential Virgin Frontline Label that released a fine catalogue of music of the time. Just about anything on Virgin Frontline is essential and many have become timeless classics.
This is one of them;

Vocal trio The Mighty Diamonds Right Time recorded at Channel One with The Revolutionaries
20210214_130137

:heart:

2 Likes