What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I know this is a bit of a forum favourite

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars

and it’s become one of mine, am I committing a sin to say I prefer it to his latest offering with the E Street Band Letter To You ?

20 Likes

Rosa Passos & Ron Carter - Entre Amigos, Chesky Records (2010)

Laquer cut at Sterling Sound and pressed by QRP

A really nice pressing of some wonderful music

7 Likes

Beautiful harmonies courtesy of Carl Wilson, Billy Hinsche and Bruce Johnston ( Beach Boys). Superb Album.

They call it progressive pop, never heard of that…, but anyhow sounds good and recommended

3 Likes

Jethro Tull - This Was.

Debut album, blues and prog in style. With guitarist Mick Abraham’s, who left after this album and went on to form Blodwyn Pig.

15 Likes

Noya Rao- Icaros, Gondwana Records (2017)

A bit of a lucky dip night tonight next out came this from Nayo Rao it’s a cross between London Grammer and Erykah Badu on Matthew Halsall’s Gondwana Records.

Featuring the beautiful vocals of Olivia Bhattacharjee.

2 Likes

Bill Evans & Jim Hall - Undercurrent
Mofi Blue Note Reissue (2014)

Fantastic collaboration between two Jazz greats whose playing style really comes together beautifully.

9 Likes

Duran Duran - Decade, a decent collection of all the '80’s hits.

12 Likes

My favourite JT album

1 Like

Hope your fashion sense is not still in the 80s Alan.

1 Like

Got sick of this at one point. Played everyday all day in the office for a week before it was released.

1 Like

1 Like

It’s my favourite FM album I don’t play a lot of them, I like Rumours but never really got the mass hysteria around it.

1 Like

Alright la !

4 Likes

I’ve still got a “track” suit just like that. Only wear it on special occasions these days.

3 Likes

Jose James latest album entitled New York 2020 (Live)

3 Likes

By coincidence that’s exactly what I’m wearing now. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

What occasions, weddings and the like? :grinning:

2 Likes

When Mrs Pete is out of the house, however it makes me want to play the Bee Gees. :grin:

4 Likes