What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

@Clive
LoL. I’ve always found him just that. Reflective, observant, realistic, but never the throat cutting pessimist that others have commented on.

2 Likes

Richard Thompson - Rumor & Sigh
Mofi Original Master Recording
On Vinyl

18 Likes

You don’t get this sort of hit from listening to a digital stream.

Music history right there.

13 Likes

I think there are a few factors in play here:

1- Compared to the likes of Buddy Guy and others, Joe has to produce new fireworks and the former have set very high bars.
2- I’ve found with Beth’s albums and many others, the dynamics of the production can get lost at relatively low volumes and if you add more volume to bring the dynamics out, it all gets a bit loud and over-powering. Whether this is down to sub-optimal engineering and mixing and/or just a facet of domestic hi-fi systems (inc the variables of the room et al) isn’t clear to me. I’ve heard this in so many rooms. And it doesn’t help when an album presents with so many different volume levels across tracks.

Oh, to have a space where one could truly let rip :grinning:

1 Like

These are the guys we need to give us a great 2021😂

It’s a FAB album (see what I did there?)

19 Likes

Not disagreeing, per se, but Joe’s stuff always works well for me, regardless of volume levels, nah, I think he’s just run out of ideas. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Wot, no countdown:

5,4,3,2,1…

1 Like

4 Likes

Yeah. It’s in there!

1 Like

Buddy Guy - Born to Play Guitar on CD from 2015.

The ultimate blues-man. Raw energy in spades.

13 Likes

Now playing,some Fusion,
Happy new year to everyone-

2 !

14 Likes

Enjoying exploring more of Layla’s albums on Tidal… defo some albums to add to the purchase list.

5 Likes

Amanda Shires - My Piece Of Land

Happy New Year to all!

3 Likes

Cantatas for New Year’s Day
Vol. 17 in the Gardiner CD box set
Live in Berlin
January 2000

11 Likes

14 Likes

This may be a rambling album but, what the hell, I love it! Perhaps true Dylanistas will disagree with me but I still think it’s one of Bob’s finest. Ooooh, controversial!

29 Likes

Cocteau Twins - Victorialand

On Vinyl

17 Likes

Excellent album
“The story of Hurricane”

1 Like

The story of the hurricane always moves me. I am not sure if I am a true Dylanist but he was one of my big three when I grew up…

Moving up through the years now.

First play since the Hana, 252, 250 install. Sounding sweet and dark, with a bit of bop.

22 Likes