What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Always liked the Ozrics, very impressed with this one

6 Likes

Rocking’ out time.

18 Likes

This takes me back. Great album. A mate used to have this on vinyl and we listened to it a lot.

1 Like

Van Morrison - Enlightenment, which includes the archetypal epic " In The Days Before Rock ‘n’ Roll ".

15 Likes

5 Likes

Japan - Quiet Life
Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene
Lee Morgan - The Rajah

All vinyl.

5 Likes

Memories of some great Runrig gigs… Donnie at his peak here.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Uma Elmo

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet, Piccolo Trumpet) and Jorge Rossy (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from a 90 minute walk through the neighborhood I updated the NDX 2 and iPad software and now taking out this latest release from Jakob for another spin and the trio is sounding fabulous! I have the album, CD version pre-ordered but not available in the US until latter in March… I do love his music.

3 Likes

I much prefer the Munro days. The gig at Edinburgh Castle was a great occasion, back in the day.

2 Likes

Marvin Gaye. What’s going on.
Looked outside and thought of this.

28 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I felt like listening to The Wall, so played this. On vinyl - first one of the month!

35 Likes

Now The Wall. Original vinyl, not on unnecessary 180g vinyl, not remastered. Funnily though it sounds superb.

It’s not an album I can listen to very often, maybe I find it too depressing, but that doesn’t deny the fact that it’s a masterful work.

33 Likes

The Devil Is Loose - Asha Puthli

Mr.Bongo continue with another fine Asha album, originally from 1976.
She sounds superb, the musicians are all captured in their part disco, jazz-funk lite perfectionist glory.

Recorded at Hansa shortly before David and co turned up.

2 Likes

Played The Wall yesterday had the original vinyl then the original CD.

I don’t whether it’s just me but the remastered version (2012?) just sounds muddy by comparison.

Thanks, I’ll have a listen on Qobuz later, assuming the remastered version is available.

A bit of Arvo to start the day. Perfect.

3 Likes

Don’t know if you have seen this but released last Friday on Qobuz in hi- res. V good

5 Likes

Black Metal - Dean Blunt

Truly maverick/genre blending blah blah blah.

Like Tricky’s brother fronting The Durutti Column.

1 Like

I’ve just played side 3 from the 2011 remaster on Qobuz and switched to play the original fatboy CD release of the last track, Comfortably Numb. It is immediately apparent that the remaster is louder. The sound effects are clearer. I can’t say it sounds better or worse; each of the three versions I’ve played are enjoyable, but different.

1 Like