What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I’m in England (north of), and yes, the post-Brexit shipping has soared. Not sure if this is a permanent additional cost or whether it’ll come down once supplies and checks are normalised.

I’ll refrain from a Remainer’s rant!

This excellent collection of 28 short sketches is one of Vini’s best records. Don’t know why I don’t play it more often. This is the limited edition (No. 1834 of 4000) first CD edition from 1989.

2 Likes

I didn’t know this existed.
Love Vini/DC.

Sounds very collectible.

1 Like

I had to play this.

3 Likes

Hans Zimmer

Blade Runner 2049

Edward

6 Likes

Saw Steve a few times…great, rock n,roll

1 Like

Now playing…

Tomasz Stańko New York Quartet - December Avenue

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), David Virelles (Piano), Reuben Rogers (Double Bass) and Gerald Cleaver (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… heading into the noon hour with Tomasz and this wonderful quartet and the music is sounding sublime!

4 Likes

If I remember rightly, it was only available via mail order, and because it wasn’t on Factory, it wasn’t widely reviewed, so it kind of sailed beneath the radar. You should be able to find one for about £20 or £30. It’s well worth getting. Most of the tracks have since surfaced elsewhere, on compilations and as bonus cuts, but it’s good to hear them as originally intended.

I enjoyed Manu Katché Neighborhood so moved on to his Live in Concert - unfortunately that one is still too “free” for this jazz newbie.

So continuing the journey started last night with PLS Trio now moving on to another suggestion…

GoGo Penguin - Fanfares

Liking the first few tracks so will give some more of their output a go next

4 Likes

Sometimes, only Da Bruvvas will do:

16 Likes

The Who By Numbers.

16 Likes

I’ll have a look out. Spotted one or two at the £30 mark.
I notice there seems to be a volume 2, too. Is that right?

1 Like

12 Likes

Enjoying Tidal’s ‘Crossroads’ playlist at the moment. Nothing to do with 3rd rate Brummie motels…

1 Like

Felt like dusting off one of my JMJ CDs…
To clever for his own good is ex Mr Rampling…

16 Likes

There are actually three!

1 Like

Chet Baker - Chet, Concord (2021)
This is the new reissue remastered by KG at Cohearant.

I’m also going to play my 2013 OJC copy to compare the two

Well the new Craft reissue is presented in a better thicker, glossier cover and comes in a nice Craft inner the actual record is heavier and dead flat whereas the OJC has a very slight warp.

I have to say that sonically and even though I suspect the OJC is from a digital source there is almost nothing between them perhaps the Craft is better in that it’s had some of the slight hiss lifted out but if you are talking about listening pleasure they 're equal if I could have just one because of the packaging I’d take three craft.

10 Likes

Eric Clapton - Edge Of Darkness, the soundtrack music composed by EC and Michael Kamen for the original BBC drama.

7 Likes

St Vincent - Marry Me

On Vinyl

7 Likes

Bit of kulture to finish the listening this evening…

Beethoven - Triple Concerto

Hilary Hahn - Paris

13 Likes