What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This is an excellent album. Love the groove on this

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Started listening to “Stripped” but soon realised that the original tracks are much better.
Enjoy!

16 Likes

Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full.

10 Likes

A while back I asked the Forum for recommendations of Grateful Dead albums I might actually like and American Beauty was recommended. Absolutely love this album now

18 Likes

On vinyl and playing at volume. At least next door won’t complain as he bought it for me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

8 Likes

Is that the lovely Stacea on the front cover?

The Stark Reality discovers Hoagy Carmichael’s Music Shop

Stoned jazz-rock at its zenith/nadir (delete as appropriate).
If you’re in a Beefheart’s Magic Band kind of mood, this will fit right in.

1 Like

4 Likes

Streaming on Tidal

6 Likes

Frida Hyvönen - Dream Of Independence (2021)
Swedish singer - songwriter.

2 Likes

Oh yes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Bartók String Quartets - Hagen Quartet

I continue working my way through several different versions of these stunning quartets. Here the Hagen Quartet present quite a spirited set with a beautifully wholesome sound.

10 Likes

A genuinely life changing LP for me.
Too long a story to go into here. Very briefly I grew up with a very close knit circle of childhood friends whose lives started to go in a very dark direction due to unemployment, drink and hard drugs.
I had an interest in Reggae from quite an early age seeing the likes of Ken Boothe & Max Romeo on TOTP and somehow saw The Wailers legendary OGWT performance (although I dont recall how at a single figure age I would have been allowed to stay up late enough)
Punk, through bands like The Clash & Ruts exposed Reggae further and I was listening to bands like The Gladiators & Culture whilst my friends mostly seemed to be immersing themselves in some of the more negative aspects of Punk.
Then the so called New Wave Of British Heavy Metal grabbed me, Iron Maiden, Saxon etc. 2 Tone was happening and I was fully into that, I even had the two tone tonic trousers, shirts, rude boy look etc. During this period in '79, the year I left school, a TV documentary on Steel Pulse really inspired me and I went out and bought the newly released Tribute To The Martyrs, I had Handsworth Revolution but it didnt really hit me like Martyrs did. Through this album I was inspired to learn and read about Apartheid South Africa, Martin Luther King, Steve Biko & George Jackson and I got ever deeper into Reggae and then JA music as a whole.
My lifestyle completely changed and took a different path to the ultimately doomed one of those much missed friends all whom have since passed away through drink, drugs or violence.
This album truly changed and literally saved my life, I’ve bought every Pulse album since

:heart:

17 Likes

There can never be enough time to listen to Tord’s music! A beautiful album among many…

4 Likes

John Mayer - Paradise Valley.

8 Likes

There’s a reminder to all those in the U.K. to fill in your census return!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Nik Bartsch - Entendre

Nik Bärtsch (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Saturday morning with this latest released March 19th from Nik and the opening track is sounding sublime! A solo album recorded in the year of the pandemic and looking forward to the rest of the tracks…

3 Likes

And is there a dvd?:sunglasses:

Having a first listen to Víkingur Ólafsson’s new album “Reflections” on Qobuz.
Seems to be quite promising …

7 Likes