What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Fink - Hard Believer

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon as I start up today’s exercise period with some background music from this double CD set of Fink’s Hard Believer! It has not been out for a spin for some time and a mention above from @adeypoos had me place in the queue. Fink and the band are sounding sublime!

5 Likes

Klaus schulze timewind

6 Likes

Sounding very good - introduced to it by the track ‘Before he Cheats’.

5 Likes

Is it a song about Scrabble?

2 Likes

Try it, bloody good country album (maybe not, poppier at the start, Anastacia like), at least from that track - a song of revenge…my daughter mentioned it.

Mrs AC has just listened and told me her version would be putting my Naim kit in the bath. :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Will do :+1:

1 Like

If you look at her discography and cover art, that looks like one where the record company wanted mainstream and were pushing sexiness, shed does a lot of gospel I think, but can’t be sure as I’ve only heard about her tonight, but heck how album art can sell or potentially be exploitative.

Chrissie Hynde with The Valve Bone Woe Ensemble - Valve Bone Woe.

13 Likes

20 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - Distance and Time

Fink (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar), Guy Whittaker (Bass), Simon Little (Electric Piano, Fender Rhodes) and Tim Thornton (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Fink and the band are sounding mighty fine!

5 Likes

Enigma 1717730

4 Likes

Sting Soul Cage

Happy Easter :hatching_chick:

12 Likes

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Ivy Tripp

Katie Crutchfield (Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals), Kyle Gilbride (Guitar, Keyboards, synthesizer, Tambourine) and Keith Spencer (Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this 2015 release from Waxahatchee and the Katie and the band are sounding mighty fine!

9 Likes

Schumann - Humoreske / Piano Sonata in F Sharp Minor / Angela Hewitt

Headphones on, easing out of today, looking forward to a Good Friday - this will do it very nicely.

10 Likes

Last listening of the evening…
A new release of an old (2009) recording that he ‘kept secret for a long while”. In his words

I remember how I had to squeeze the music out of the grand piano in the Graz sessions, and while I enjoy listening to it now, I kept these recordings secret for a good while – they sound like a much younger version of myself to me, and a lot of the musical expressions from that time would be impossible for me to replicate today

Not heard him before, but it won’t be the last time this gets played.

Nils Frahm - Graz

4 Likes

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life.

26 Likes

J. H. kapsberger before dinner

10 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the mid to late afternoon hour with one of my favorite albums from Anouar. It is simply a beautiful album written in time of, as the album description states, “The music of Souvenance, by turns graceful, hypnotic, and taut and starkly dramatic, was recorded in 2014 – six years after oud-master Anouar Brahem’s last ECM album, “The Astounding Eyes of Rita”. "

I truly love this album and it is sounding sublime!

3 Likes

Chantal Chamberland temptation. Can’t help comparing with Diana Krall but so far so good.

1 Like

Ry Cooder & V.M.Bhatt - A Meeting by the River CD Rip

I can’t wait for my Analogue Productions vinyl by all accounts it is an exceptional pressing.
j
R-1098318-1191926061.jpeg

16 Likes