What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Shelby Lynne identity crisis. My favorite Shelby Lynne album.

12 Likes

Simple Minds

Glittering Prize

Edward

14 Likes

On my playlist for later today, I’ve been looking forward to this release.

1 Like

Big fan of ‘young upstarts’ bringing a new perspective to old classics. In a slightly different vein the Rhythms del Mundo project brings together members of the Buena Vista Social Club with current western artists to re-record popular songs with a new Latin twist.
It also donates a percentage of sales to the Artists Project Earth to ‘raise awareness and take action for climate change, environmental disasters & related challenges’.
Good music and saving the planet? Niiice!

1 Like

Hi Dogwalker, I have a VMP copy of Buena Vista Social Club which I love listening to, very uplifting. Thank you for the heads up, I’ll search that one out.

:+1:

What better way to get the long, long weekend started?

6 Likes

@TheKevster - See my post above :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go

12 Likes

Pat Metheny Group - First Circle / 2016 ECM / Japan SHM CD / UCCU5722

11 Likes

Simply Red - Picture Book

17 Likes

Mogwai - ZeroZeroZero. A soundtrack to an Italian crime drama. I’ve never heard anything before by Mogwai, but I’m quite enjoying this. Reminds me a little of the Craven Faults album from last year.

3 Likes

Yngwie Malmsteen

The Yngwie Malmsteen Collection

Edward

2 Likes

I know I posted this fairly recently but it is just so damn good

13 Likes

George Duke - Brazilian Love Affair / 2014 Epic / Japan Blu-spec 2 CD / EIPC 30035

With open arms
Reaching for heaven
With open hearts
And open minds

7 Likes

20 Likes

Yes! Love this album.

1 Like

Listening to this man’s covid times creations, because I promised him I would. Solo project, on Tidal a.o.:

Anne Briggs is one of those beautiful English folk voice artists up there with Sandy Denny and June Tabor…
This is a beautiful album of many classic folk songs from the British Isles with her own wonderful and emotional and evocative interpretations. The recording technique is simple with minimal or no processing … I wish more would do this… it sounds so much more beautiful… even with tape saturation.

6 Likes

William Shatner - Rocket Man

Just for fun, you understand (it’s not as good as the version he recorded with Steve Hillage at Madison Square Garden).

3 Likes