What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

1st run creative and varied

2 Likes

Eduardo Delgado: The Piano Music of Alberto Ginastera Volume 1.

2 Likes

One of the great albums, I agree.

4 Likes

This is the 2011 ‘Discovery’ CD version. Brilliant production, superb lyrics, great use of synths and Gilmour’s best-ever guitar work make this easily the best record from the Floyd’s Imperial Phase (1973-79).

27 Likes

Big call but hard to argue against. Wasn’t that well received originally and has only got better with age.

3 Likes

Got a great 1st press vinyl copy that sounds brilliant I’ll have to dig it out. A Charity Shop find back before prices rocketed and dealers and eBay flippers didn’t trawl the shops buying up everything.

1 Like

I still have my UK first pressing, that I bought during school lunch hour the day it came out, more than 44 years ago. Very battered though!

2 Likes

Starting my Thursday with Emmylou Harris/Mark Knopfler All The Roadrunning

13 Likes

I haven’t got to Animals yet. The new BG remaster is on its way (cheap in case I don’t like it - I don’t know the album)…

I didn’t even know Pink Floyd had an Imperial Phase, lol…

2 Likes

RIP former Bad Seed’s Anita Lane

Sex O’clock

4 Likes

Ex Hex - It’s Real
CD|2019

1 Like

Well this is going to come as a surprise, a request from Mrs Pete and who am I to say no (I’m just not that brave).

Ed Sheeran Eraser.

PS please direct all hate mail to my email address attention Mrs Pete :grin:

6 Likes

It’s ok Pete. :slightly_smiling_face: I have this album in my collection too; bought it for my daughter.

1 Like

Resuming normal transmission, The Very Best of the Eagles

12 Likes

Minneapolis, MN
November 1959
CD on Mercury Living Presence

listening to the 5th Symphony…

7 Likes

The Tazers, Love Machine

1 Like

Culture Club, At Worst the Very Best

5 Likes

Thanks @adeypoos what a coincidence! I’ll have to try and find this on Tidal or the like. Cheers.

Breakfast treat

9 Likes

Following @TheKevster lead and after some rather average choices earlier today, Pink Floyd’s Animals

20 Likes