What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Top interview with the mighty Osibisa in today’s Grauniad. A definite listen later.

6 Likes

Yes…having not listened to pink floyd in over 30 years I’m having a bit of a PF revival love in…like you bought the Discovery cd versions of Meddle, DSOTM, wish you were here, the wall and Animals.
At least one or a combo of them is on the player every day…

1 Like

I avoid spending money with Amazon wherever possible, but happy to blag 3 months free of their music streaming service which goes up to Hires, they call it “Ultra HD”
Handy for listening in the cab, kicking off with the latest offering from Protoje. Kind of makes me think of Massive Attack insofar as they made dance music that wasnt intended to dance to.
Likewise Protoje who’s brand of contemporary Reggae is meant for intelligent listening rather than the dance hall.
In Search Of Lost Time (Deluxe)

:heart:

Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert

On vinyl. Life affirming on a cool, bright morning.

5 Likes

The new Osibisa album, great African blend of music as ever

9 Likes

Nikki Jean - Pennies In A Jar
A modern day classic 60’s & 70’s soul/pop album, great songs and vocals. Nikki co wrote the songs with some stellar stars including Carole King, Carly Simon, Burt Bacharach and many more. Steel and Feathers is an unfinished Bob Dylan song, he gave his permission for Nikki to complete and record it. This is such an enjoyable album.

4 Likes

Alice Smith - For Lovers, Dreamers & Me
Alice has a four octave range and the voice of a soul singer, but her songs range from rock to blues to pop to jazz. An impressive debut album from a very talented musician.

4 Likes

Just seen a little Tom Jones action up stream on this thread and would like to recommend his new release.

This is a a wonderful album of reflection by Tom that re-imagines a diverse set of songs of personal importance. Some of the songs I could imagine Scott Walker doing in his latter years, but not as abstract. Co-produced by Ethan Johns and Mark Woodward,

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Willie Nelson! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born 29th April 1933 in Abbott, Texas :us:

88 Today! :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

10 Likes

Melody Gardot - My One and Only Thrill

Well not quite! But sounding wonderful. And the lack of sunshine keeps me in.

Been playing Dusty in Memphis and Prince 4 Ever both of which really hit the spot.

Phil

11 Likes

8 Likes

I get one of those from time to time…

Giving this a blast as played by @johnt
Archie Lee Hooker - And The Coast To Coast Blues Band

7 Likes

Abit of ambient techno…found sounds, real percussion and synths.

AC/DC - Highway to Hell

On black vinyl. The recording is so clean and cut at a high level that it really works well on vinyl. Played monstrously loud, just like it should be!

19 Likes

716QrWnOl3L.AC_SL1425
Out today on CD, first listen.

1 Like

13 Likes

born on this day in 1899…

this CD collection is from the 1940-42 material originally recorded by RCA Victor
Ben Webster, Jimmy Blanton, Ray Nance, Johnny Hodges, Sonny Greer, etc.

13 Likes

UB40. Vinyl. Can’t believe this is 38 years old. Still sounds great.

9 Likes

The Mr Bongo reissue of Ian Carr’s Belladonna has arrived.

7 Likes