What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The first Monteverdi album I bought, years ago. A thing of extraordinary beauty.

6 Likes

Tom Petty

Southern Accents

Edward

16 Likes

Lars Danielsson - Tarantella

Always a lazy Sunday morning favourite.

2 Likes

23 Likes

It’s a grower it took two listens for me, the other two offerings from them are worth a listed also.

1 Like

Great acoustic set. Well worth a listen if you haven’t heard it before

4 Likes

Moonchild Voyager / 2017 Tru Thoughts / UK CD / TRUCD341

Super chilled CD for a Sunday spin from the neo-soul trio with excellent production.

2 Likes

Quoted on Spotify, Sara says “My influences are bourbon and bad decisions”. They describe it as dark amaricana. I think I am going to like this. Thanks.

1 Like

This was played to me on the hifi of a friend of my dads… I’m thinking c. '72 or '73. ISTR a Tandberg tape deck with a separate Dolby unit. The first time I’d heard anything other than my parents ‘Gramophone’ and that was it… I was hooked.

1 Like

On bandcamp but USD15 for a c. 15 min album sounds a bit steep :frowning:

1 Like

SK, My wife and I were at that Tractor show (assumming it was 032500) in the front row. We knew members of the opening band. Heidi went backstage and got DG autograph and took some great photos during the show, not sure where those are anymore. I intended to bootleg/record but when I asked the club and David’s tour manager they said no recording. But I later communicated with ATO Records and because of them being management of Dave Matthews Band who was recording friendly, I was told I should have been allowed and actually referred me to a Seattlite who had bootlegged and sent ATO a copy. I contacted him and have had a copy of that show since late that spring.

I subsequently recorded David in Portland 051400 at Berbatti’s, a club I knew very well, with Josh Rouse opening. I also recorded DG at Portlands Roseland Theatre on 090500 with Joseph Arthur opening.

I no longer have duplicating capability and have not had great luck transferring CD-r (my recordings were audience mono mic to Nakamichi Dragon and transferred to cd-r) to online digital media that I could transfer. The pits are different and Apple isn’t well known for the after thoughts of media drives.

If you would like to hear or upload these to your nas (have never tried it so not sure if it is consistently successful with cd-r originals), I can post them by land mail and have every trust you would return. Might take me awhile as I move a lot slower than I did twenty years ago at 51 and was trading boots with people all over the US.

Very fun times, those three shows are all pretty much the same setlist. We saw DG again the following year at the Schnitzer in PDX, not a recording friendly venue so that show is simply a memory. I gave up bootlegging in 2002 due to illness and it ultimately wore me out and methods changed that I wasn’t savy with. Too many late nights ( sober) and, though willingly, too much demand from fan bases. (I primarily was recording Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons and keeping up with that small fan base nationally and the trading was exhausting, though fun while I could).

Thanks for the memories, I believe my email is in my profile, click preferences.
Jeff A

2 Likes

Joe Sample Spellbound / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795711

Joe Sample Keyboards
Marcus Miller Bass
Michael Landau Guitar
Omar Hakim Drums
Al Jarreau Vocals Somehow Our Love Survives
Michael Franks Vocals Leading Me Back To You
Take 6 Vocals U-Turn

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give that a play. Felt Mountain still gets an airing here 20 years on :grinning:

Lovely-sounding Craft Recordings reissue:

12 Likes

Been stuck on this since it arrived. Every time I go to listen to something else I end up back to this. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

Happy Birthday Billy Joel! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born 9th May 1949 in the Bronx, New York, and grew up in Long Island :us:

72 years old Today! :yum: :cake:

11 Likes

Hi @anon4216120 Tomita’s Snowflakes Are Dancing was released in 1974, and I am very sure my Grandad bought it that year. I think I have mentioned it before that he was a Cinema Projectionist with a wide interest in music / technology, and he was fascinated that Classical music could be played on synthesizers and still retain the emotion of the music. He also introduced me to the Clockwork Orange soundtrack of course, and the skills of Walter/Wendy Carlos. He would be very happy that my own son is a avid collector of all types of soundtracks as part of his music collection.

3 Likes

Discs 3 and 4 of this mammoth box set, this time concentrating on the Plays WC Handy sessions. Sensational stuff!

12 Likes

Good Sunday afternoon listen.

15 Likes

What a loss this guy was.

14 Likes