What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

David Gray - Tractor Tavern, Seattle 032500

Go to archive.org, click on the speaker icon at the top of the page, choose live music archive, choose all artists, scroll down to David Gray (150 shows), click, choose the filter by date, select the year 2000, click on the 032500 show, enjoy.

Remember this is a bootleg, not a professional recording. If it is the recording I have it was recorded with collar mics (literally small mics located in the shirt collar the size of Apple earphones) to a portable digital recorder in the recordists pocket.

Enjoy the emotion of the actual event.

Jeff A

2 Likes

This RSD (June) reissue of Barney Wilen’s landmark 1987 album is just soooo good. Not only is the music itself first rate (especially Wilen’s ferociously swinging arrangement of “Harlem Nocturne”), but the presentation, packaging and sound are all exemplary.

5 Likes

Now playing-

13 Likes

Max Romeo. War ina Babylon.
One step forward, two step backwards.

7 Likes

On Vinyl:

4 Likes

On original vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

14 Likes

The Tartan Diego Simeone’s Massive Cockney Bastards take on the Toffees. Yet another crucial game for us, which we need to win.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRONNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Sylvan Esso - What Now
CD|2017

1 Like

And he was just 27 when he made this - phenomenal

14 Likes

On Vinyl:

8 Likes

I’ve been listening to some excellent ‘British’ Reggae this afternoon the first two I’ve been listening to since my early teens and the last only really appreciated the past few years I’d dismissed as not ‘proper’ Reggae for some stupid and ignorant reason that I don’t really remember.

I’d actually had Signing off in my collection for a bout 10 years probably bought in a Charity Shop for a few pounds before a thread on another forum convinced me to listen to it again and what a fantastic record.

First Aswad - Showcase.

Second Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution

And Signing Off

7 Likes

I grew up through the 1980’s listening to lots of Dancehall and right at the top of that tree was the Jamaican/British Unity Sounds label from London who through their close association with Jamaican Producer Lloyd James /Prince/King Jammy (who if you look carefully can be seen in the centre of photo two )produced and cut some huge digital Dancehall tunes influenced of course by Wayne Smith’s Sleng Teng.

This excellent compilation chronicles the labels short history.

3 Likes

Charles Lloyd Quartet Live At The Fillmore SF 1967
Journey Within
Must have been a heady evening!

8 Likes

Seeing how good the original recordings were, I am tempted by the reissue to hear how (if) they’ve been bettered!

Plus - that’s a beautiful cover photo!

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - The Division Bell

David Gilmour (Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Sam Brown (Vocals), Jon Carin (Keyboards), Bob Ezrin (Keyboards, Percussion), Carol Kenyon (Vocals), Rebecca Leigh-White (Vocals), Nick Mason (Drums, Percussion), Durga McBroom (Vocals), D-ick Parry (Tenor Saxophone), Guy Pratt (Bass), Jackie Sheridan (Vocals) and Gary Wallis (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Pink Floyd and they are sounding mighty fine! Wonderful music to end the day and open up the next…

24 Likes

Curiosity Killed the Cat. Vinyl. Didn’t know we had this. Certainly not played it before. Thought it would be terrible… it’s quite good. Enjoying!!!

Keep_Your_Distance_-_Curiosity_Killed_the_Cat

5 Likes

On Vinyl - 6th pressing

The Beatles - Help

24 Likes

And then… this . :wink:

The_Story_of_Sonny_Boy_Slim

10 Likes

Elbow ‎– Asleep In The Back
CD|2001

12 Likes

Lee Ritenour Stolen Moments / 1990 GRP / US CD / GRD9615

Fine sound and music featuring Ernie Watts, Harvey Mason, John Patitucci, Mitch Holder.

7 Likes