What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - Animals

Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, Vocals), David Gilmour (Guitar, Vocals), Nick Mason (Drums) and Richard Wright (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Pink Floyd and they are sounding mighty sweet!

26 Likes

And West London breathes a sigh of relief after an away win by the toffees😳

1 Like

Have listened to this a couple more times today. It’s definitely a grower and I’m beginning to appreciate the ethereal quality of the “in the background “ vocals versus the more driving guitars
The moreI listen the more they (the vocals) come forward.

cover

Book of Wyrms - Occult New Age

1 Like

Mandolin Orange (now Watchhouse) - Austin City Limits Live
CD|2020
bluegrass

6 Likes

Just for a change:

Rod Stewart Atlantic Crossing - Alternate Versions

14 Likes

The Incredible string band. The 5000 spirits. Second album from my favourite band released 1967.
Clive has left but Mike and Robin are assisted by Danny Thompson on bass and Licorice on vocals.

13 Likes

Skellig by David Gray. Nice relaxing Sunday evening listening…

10 Likes

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - Meddle

David Gilmour (Guitar, Vocals), Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Nick Mason (Percussion) and Richard Wright (Keyboards, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Sunday morning with more from Pink Floyd and they are sounding sublime! …one very sweet album.

27 Likes

Stupendous!

17 Likes

Sky - Sky

Debut album. This poor record has had a rough time when we were younger, but after a good scrub and a run through the RCM, it looks good. It’s been so long since I heard this I’ve forgotten what it sounds like.

18 Likes

Would like to see them live again. Fortunate to see them for this tour.

Keith Richards - Crosseyed Heart.

15 Likes

Ry Cooder - Chicken Skin Music. A lovely album, with contributions from Jim Keltner and Flaco Jimenez and excellent backing vocals from Bobby King, Terry Evans and Herman Johnson.

20 Likes

I have seen Santana many times….but not at this level of performance.

16 Likes

That brings back memories. Remember seeing them at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon way back when.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Roger Waters - US + THEM

Jon Carin (Guitars, Keyboards), Dave Kilminster (Guitars), Bo Koster (Keyboards), Holly Laessig (Vocals), Ian Ritchie (Saxophone), Gus Seyffert (Bass Guitar), Joey Waronker (Drums), Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Jonathan Wilson (Guitars, Vocals) and Jess Wolfe (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on with this afternoon with Roger Water ‘US+THEM’ and with the wife out for a walk with a friend a I have the system a wee bit cranked up and sounding mighty sweet! Life is Grand…

8 Likes

Continuing with some more Ry Cooder and his album, Boomer’s Story. This is a new purchase and my first listen to it and the LP is sounding excellent.

19 Likes

Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon / 1992 EMI / 20th Anniversary Box UK CD / 077778147923

20 Likes

There are some really good interpretations on here.

3 Likes