What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I’m home alone again this evening so thought I’d have another Reggae night

First is

Don Carlos & Gold v The Gladiators- Showdown Vol 3, Chanel 1 (1984)

2 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Come On Home

Boz has a go at the Blues.

15 Likes

Now playing…

Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On

Marvin Gaye (Drums, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Bob Babbitt (Bass), Chet Forest (Drums), Eli Fountain (Alto Saxophone), James Jamerson (Bass), Joe Messina (Guitar), Wild Bill Moore (Tenor Saxophone), David Van De Pitte (Conductor, Orchestral Arrangements), Earl Van Dyke (Guitar) and Robert White (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… kicking off this bright and beautiful Monday morning with the fabulous and fantastic Marvin Gaye and he and the band are sounding absolutely marvelous! …this is one very sweet album.

25 Likes

14 Likes

1 Like

Beautifully recorded with some great performances.

10 Likes

Early Roxy Music before the dog goes out in the torrential rain!

20 Likes

Now Playing…

Prince - Prince & A Microphone 1983

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… moving on to Prince with this album released in September 2018 yet recorded in 1983 and it is mighty sweet! A fabulous album and is certainly worth the time to give a spin, ‘Prince sitting at a piano, playing whatever comes to his mind for just over half an hour’…

9 Likes

Ray Lamontagne - Monovision. On vinyl, the hires digital sounds great too.

16 Likes

18 Likes

The Incredible string band. The hangman’s beautiful daughter .
1968 Third album from my favourite band.

16 Likes

Nightports with Matthew Bourne. If you like Nils Frahm you should like this.

MUS000646247_600x

Watched Nomadland yesterday and loved the music score. Learned from the credits that it was Ludovico Einaudi.
Thought I’ld give this compilation album on Qobuz a try. Solo piano normally doesn’t do it for me,but this sounds great.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Peter Gabriel 4

19 Likes

Bob Dylan, The Bootleg Series vol 5, The Rolling Thunder Revue. 3lp box.

15 Likes

Now playing…

Art Garfunkel - Watermark

Art Garfunkel (Vocals), Barry Beckett (Keyboards, Piano), Derek Bell (Harmonica, Harp), Stephen Bishop (Guitar, Vocals), Pete Carr (Guitar), David Crosby (Vocals), Paul Desmond (Alto Saxophone), Bob Dorough (Vocals), Fred Farell (Vocals), Joe Farrell (Flute, English Horn, Oboe, Wind), Martin Fay (Fiddle, Violin), Carol Flamm (Vocals), Steve Gadd (Drums), Ed Hasselbrink (Vocals), Roger Hawkins (Drums), Shelley Hirsch (|Vocals), David Hood (Bass), Jimmy Johnson (Electric Guitar), Seán Keane (Fiddle, Violin), Craig Krampf (Cymbals, Percussion), Leah Kunkel (Vocals), Thomas Latondre (Handclapping, Percussion), Tony Levin (Bass), Ralph MacDonald (Percussion), Hugh McCracken (Electric Guitar), Paddy Moloney (Tin Whistle, Uillean Pipes, Wind), Oklahoma Uni Chorale (Vocals), Joe Osborn (Bass), Bill Payne (Keyboards, Synthesizer), Tom Roady (Percussion), Jack Schroer (Horn, Saxophone), Rick Shlosser (Drums), Paul Simon (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Alexandra Stavrou (Vocals), James Taylor (Vocals), Richard Tee (Keyboards, Electric Piano), Michael Tubridy (Flute), Tommy Vig (Vibraphone, Vocals) and Jimmy Webb (Keyboards|)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a request from the wife for something from Art so taking ‘Watermark’ out for spin and he and the very talented group of assembled musicians are sounding mighty fine!

9 Likes