What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

PRINCE & 3RDEYEGIRL CRAZY2COOL / 1 June 2014 / Le Zénith / Paris

This popped up on my recommended to watch list - Brilliant guitar playing and more attached!

6 Likes

Listened to this today for the first time after noting it had been awarded the album of the week in The Sunday Times.

A very fine album indeed and I’m sure it will grow on me more after further listens.

16 Likes

Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits, time for some classic early stuff from His Bobness.

15 Likes

Now playing…
Now playing…

Arilid Andersen - Molde Concert

Arild Andersen (Double-Bass), Bill Frisell (Guitar), John Taylor (Piano) and Alphonse Mouzon (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… while finishing up today’s exercise routine I am continuing on through the noon hour with Arilid and this fantastic quartet and they are sounding mighty sweet!

1 Like

10 Likes

A bog standard early 70s pressing, sounding flippin’ marvellous:

17 Likes

Miranda Lee Richards
Echoes of the Dreamtime

Track 4 - First Light of Winter - just amazing.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Whilst looking for something else i came across this free disc from Mojo

The Black Keys - The Live EP, four tracks from '07 featuring just Dan Auerbach and Patrick Caney.

6 Likes

In terms of song choice, presentation, packaging and sound, this has to be the best Nancy Sinatra compilation ever…

14 Likes

Hi Alan,

As a long time Mojo reader, I’ve got that one too … belter! :wave:

2 Likes

This is fun:

Evening Dave, yes it’s a cracker. I always enjoyed it more when the mags actually featured singular artists on a freebie, instead of those " tribute " ones where many acts murdered popular songs by somebody featured in the mag that month.

2 Likes

Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me.

20 Likes

Nikki Iles Hush / Basho Records / UK CD / SRCD382

After a long creative working day, it is finally time to relax with this excellent Jazz Trio CD.

1 Like

Now playing…

Malia and Boris Blank - Convergence

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… returning home from an afternoon shopping with the wife for vegetables at a local Seattle Tilth for vegetable starts to plant in the garden and returned home with a tray of assorted goodies. She happily headed for the garden to get to work and I headed to the living room for some ‘Malia & Boris’ and they are sounding sublime! …it has been awhile since I have had this album out for a spin and with a little lift in the volume Malia voice is sounding even better.

19 Likes

John Martyn - Glorious Fool

Late night CD, quietly, with a glass of something.

9 Likes

The stereo version.

10 Likes

Excellent choice. I also have the Speakers Corner LP and it’s just wonderful.

Claude

Arcangelo Corelli, Concerti Grossi, op. 6. The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock harpsichord and conductor. Archiv Double CD.

Altough Arcangelo Corelli published relatively few works as compared with other Baroque composers like Bach, Vivaldi or Telemann, he was very famous in his lifetime and is generally recognized as the father of the modern violin technique. His concerti grossi op. 6 (published after his death) are famous, in particular the no 8 in G minor “Christmas Concerto”.

This 1987 recording from Trevor Pinnock and his English Concert is the only version I have, mostly because recordings of the whole work are somewhat rare… and because I just never felt the need to get another one. The Archiv recording is exceptional for what I call the “early digital” era, without the annoying highs of many recordings of the time.

Corelli Pinnock

Claude

10 Likes