What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Time for some 45RPM magic!

20 Likes

Can I say it’s very nice to have a few fellow fans at last. For me he is incredibly underrated and aside from perhaps David Bowie the only British artist releasing music of merit deep into his career, multiple No 1 records in each of the past four decades.

1 Like

Now playing…

Arild Andersen Group - Electra

Arild Andersen (Bass, Arco Bass Loops, Drum Programming), Savina Yannatou (Vocal), Chrysanthi Douzi Vocal), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet), Eivind Aarset (Guitars), Paolo Vinaccia (Percussion, Drums, Cymbals), Patrice Héral (Drums, Tablas, Charon, Djembe, Udu, Bass Drum, Voice, Thumb Piano, Voice Percussion), Nils Petter Molvaer (Drum Programming), Elly-Marina Casdas (Chorus Vocal) and Fotini-Niki Grammenou (Chorus Vocal).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this late morning with the Arild Anderson Group with a fantastic group of musicians and they are sounding superb! A beautiful album to carry me through the noon hour…

2 Likes

Lucky you! What’s the verdict? I’ve ordered my copy and am looking forward to receiving it

I grow up listening to this album.
Literally.
And for years I thought ( the cover art) it was a painting .

1 Like

Have a listen to bands such as Lonesome Sisters, Crooked Jades you might quite like them. I could go on with a much bigger list but try those 2.

1 Like

Doing a The Beatles discography sequence.
( one per day. Just to remind why I love them)

20 Likes

Actually already owning this some time, but now 1st run

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Each phase of his career has seen some of the best music of its time and yet still sounds great years and years later.

I’m still absorbing the wonders of On Sunset, and now this distinctive new record is with us too.

2 Likes

Just about to play it a second time, and it’s got such a lovely feel to it. Quite immediate and up front on each track, but lots of soulfulness alongside the (fat) pop leanings of some songs.

And that voice, especially on Glad Times. Wow.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Thanks Ewen, not familiar with either band. I will check them out.

-pat

Mercury Rev - Deserter’s Songs
CD|1998

15 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Steve Miller Band - Let Your Hair Down, essentially a blues covers album with swinging arrangements.

4 Likes

Double vinyl:

10 Likes

Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails

11 Likes

One of these great albums with Peter Erskine

2 Likes

6 Likes

Luxuriating in the pure wistful wonders of this.

True Meanings -Paul Weller

7 Likes