What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Robyn Schulkowsky & Nils Petter Molvaer - Hastening Westward

Robyn Schulkowsky (Percussion) and Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Christopher_M above of Nils had me do a random selection of an album I have not listened to previously featuring him. This is from the ‘ECM New Series’ and the opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album!

4 Likes

The Black Lillies - Stranger To Me
CD|2018
A mix of Americana, country, and bluegrass.

4 Likes

Alone on R4 with Angus Deayton. The turquoise suit and the crimson shirt. Priceless!

1 Like

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band | Messin’ | 1973
Earlyish MMEB with great music and an ecological message…

7 Likes

Now playing

download.jpeg

After the fire after the rain - The Lost Brothers
Americana from 2 Irishmen (no,not brothers).
Wonderfull harmony singing.

3 Likes

29 Likes

Sean Rowe - New Lore

Belter.

11 Likes

What Kinda Music - Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes

5 Likes

Sounds just my liking. Will give it a spin later. Don’t know them,so interesting. Thx!

1 Like

Waiting for their latest effort playing Sons of Kemet Your Queen Is A Reptile on vinyl. Absolute cracker even after repeated listens. Saw them first after their debut album with Oren Marshall on tuba - they have been consistently excellent ever since. Seem to recall a Brits where they played a storming set that put the pallid indie outfit that won to shame.

11 Likes

Very jealous how did you manage that?

Enjoying with a beer pre- dinner after a long working day. Great pressing with good soundstage and dynamics

16 Likes

A close friend owns a vinyl shop, so sometimes I get lucky on a copy a few days ahead of release.

New single ‘Witchoo’ from Durand Jones & the Indicators lates LP Private Space I can’t anywhere to pre order here in the UK but it’s available to pre order direct from Colemine Records release date
30th July. Looking forward to this.

2 Likes

Well done I hope you are enjoying it.

Free Live! | 1971
Great stuff from the boys, I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times in their early days.

18 Likes

Very much so, yes. Well, after just one play I am.
Looking forward to getting to know it.

1 Like

Augustus Pablo - Original Rockers.

Post dinner chill to some serious punky reggae dub goodness from the master.

9 Likes

12 Likes

I hope you like it. They’re older albums, like “Runaway Freeway Blues” and “Hard To Please” are worth a listen.

-pat