What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks @AndyP , very good!

It just shows how good 3 guitars and a set of drums can sound in the right hands. Lou was and his band were at their peak. Great album.

4 Likes

Taken from the group’s Bandcamp page. The limited edition run of 300 but there are 80 out 1200 standard copies left.

" In Islamic philosophy, each person has an aspect of the Self called the “Nafs” which is divided into multiple layers. Every day, a person enters into a spiritual battlefield with their dark side, their lowly desires, and Satan. Satanic Nafs is thus the lowest level of the self, due the love of oneself and evil desires. Achieving spiritual transformation involves a constant struggle against the lower nature of the self (Satanic Nafs). This struggle led JAUBI to discover the complex Qur’anic and philosophical concept of “Nafs”, which became the major conceptual driving force behind the all-new and original music."

1 Like

Duane Alluman An Anthology, don’t now who came first but there’s a lot in common with David Gilmore on Loan Me a Dime (thinking PFs Wish You Were Here)

12 Likes

Bruce Springsteen Letter toYou

15 Likes

The World Party Goodbye Jumbo

12 Likes

Jordi Savall Jean-Baptiste Lully, Le Concert Des Nations - L’Orchestre Du Roi Soleil
Symphonies, Ouvertures & Airs À Jouer / 2003 Alia Vox / Austria Hybrid SACD / AVSA 9807

A gentle start to a Friday after a somewhat restless night.

9 Likes

Come on Pete that is just sloppy :sunglasses: No Dave either.

1 Like

What the Dave (sorry) or the similarity.

1 Like

Back in the day we all called him Dave Gilmour now it seems to be strictly David Gilmour.

1 Like

It’s an Arabic word/term, it is ever present in the Qu’ran, and refers to the self or the ego. I think that’s the best translation.

2 Likes

He’s apparently more mature these days.

2 Likes

Work week is finally done! This album comes to mind immediately. Feel like how it looks and like the way it sounds, too! KT Tunstall, drastic fantastic! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Enjoying first listen on stream of Paul Weller Fat Pop.
Bit concerned about the vinyl pressing though, see my post on the What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought thread
20210514_093902

:heart:

5 Likes

Cat Power You Are Free

9 Likes

It’s Amy Winehouse time. Live in London. :heart:

8 Likes

That’s a great album! I’d love to see a quality vinyl reissue… the originals are way overpriced and it’s a crapshoot buying them online.

2 Likes

Joining the Transformer fest started by @TheKevster yesterday I think

No reason, I’ve never really listened much to the Velvet Underground or solo Lou, with this album being the exception
:heart:

20 Likes

Azymuth Telecommunication / 1982 Milestone / US CD / MCD9102 / DIDX000111

3 Likes

Kacey Musgraves, same trailer different park. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes