What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Earl Klugh + Bob James Two of a Kind / Manhattan / Canada CD / CDP7991912

Earl Klugh Acoustic Guitar
Bob James Keyboards
Gary King Bass
Harvey Mason Drums
Leonard “Doc” Gibbs Jr., Sammy Figueroa Percussion

4 Likes

Streaming Black Keys new one on the Muso. Enjoying it. Anybody got the vinyl and able to comment on sound quality?

"I was walking along the banks of the Clyde opposite Dumbarton with my mate who said, “If you look across the river you can see Dumbarton Rock”.

I stared at it for fully ten minutes and never saw it move."

Credited to the one and only Chic Murray.

5 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

10 Likes

12 Likes

I used to stay on business at a very nice hotel in Helensburgh. Very friendly people around there and good whisky iirc, in fact if I remember at all!

1 Like

Gomez - How We Operate
CD|2006

10 Likes

A must watch for David Byrne’s Birthday :birthday:

16 Likes

More multitasking - watching Essex pulverise Derbyshire, fending of Lady BC’s garden transformation ideas and listening to the boy Potter’s new album on Tidal

Never too sure with him - I have several, they are always very accomplished but don’t seem to retain interest for long.

1 Like

On Vinyl:

10 Likes

ZZ Top. Vinyl. Wonderfully un-PC at times. Clearly not my picture.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Dodie - Build A Problem

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with this album from Dodie released on May 6th. I placed in the queue the other day after a mention in this thread. A lovely voice and opening track is sounding sweet and looking forward to the rest of the album.

7 Likes

Now playing-

24 Likes

6 Likes

Had to do a 90 minute round trip for my second jabbing. So streamed it on the drive, great album. That riff though on Coal Black Mattie, must have heard that so many times, John Lee Hooker, RL Burnside? Amongst others

I subscribed to Mojo for years but gradually tired of the repetition of the usual suspects and havent bought a copy in long time, might just have to get this months though for the CD :+1:
20210514_174149
:heart:

9 Likes

José González ‎– Veneer
CD|2003

5 Likes

This turned up today. I remember @TheKevster saying it was good, didn’t realise it was that good! Loving it

15 Likes

John Coltrane - Giant Steps

Really nice to listen to while I cook the dinner.

17 Likes

Must get a copy of that. Love his music.

@dave-marshall just spotted that the Black Keys are on Joolz show tonight
:heart:

2 Likes