What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

The Black Keys - Delta Kream

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… a mention from @dave-marshall and others had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

14 Likes

Good spot, that man. :clap:

2 Likes

Then perhaps you should be playing…

:heart:

12 Likes

Calling all Hammond lovers. Just heard this on an Impulse compilation. The Shirley Scott Trio. Never heard of the lady. Pretty damn groovy.

7 Likes

I’ll try and squeeze it!

1 Like

Calexico / Iron & Wine Years To Burn

Early evening enjoyment of the great songs on this release.

13 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Got to say the new weller album is something special! Heavy rotation here. Just ordered the triple cd

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Have run through these albums most of the day,very impressed.

2 Likes

Fantastically ahead of its time in many ways.

OK - Talvin Singh

5 Likes

Final one before dinner. Beautiful recording

17 Likes

Loreena McKennitt | The Book of Secrets | 1997
A lovely blend of celtic folk and middle eastern music.

8 Likes

Eurythmics - Touch - vinyl

Doesn’t she pack a punch! This one is a real foot tapper! In fact it is sounds amazing.

Been a while since I last played this one. Now on day 2 of demoing the Rega Aura which is doing a treat. It delivers a fuller sound than the Aria even from cold. It gives an aura to the music which makes it more involving. I think the gap with the digital is narrowing!

Phil

18 Likes

First time in what feels like ages that I have time to sit and listen to some music. Enjoying this.

6 Likes

Yes, I’ve been streaming it today, I think it’s one of his best yet.
Was about to hit order the LP this morning but disappointingly discovered the pressings may not be up to scratch, I posted about it earlier.

You are not wrong - listening to it now 24 bit hi res.

8 Likes

Plumhall - Thundercloud - WAV CD rip
Excellent folk/folk-rock album from a husband and wife duo, they write good songs with a fine sense of drive, both Michelle (Plum) and Nick (Hall) take lead vocals and they harmonise really well. Michelle spent 4 years touring with Chumbawumba, this is a lot more gentle, but a lovely listen.

2 Likes

30 Likes

Bocelli. CD. Hmm

4 Likes

Weird! I was just thinking of that album after browsing the Indian/Pakistan music thread