What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

That would be “So Tonight That I Might See” :sunglasses:

1 Like

On limited pink vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

13 Likes

Mstislav Rostropovich - Shostakovich Concerto for Cello - vinyl

The Rega Aura is certainly doing this a treat. I heard this live at the Usher Hall Edinburgh during the 1969/70 winter season. Bought this as soon as I could. It’s a wonderful work.

Phil

7 Likes

Bob, @Buster
The Black is not fine, as I’ve reported it has what sounds like terrible scratches across tracks 2,3,4 on side one (interesting that yours is effected on side 2). The translucent yellow that I sampled sounds poor, if it wasn’t for the dodgy pressing the Black sounds better.
If I may say so @Bobthebuilder, no offence intended I appreciate your very passionate about PW, but I think you should be more honest on your PW thread instead of telling people the vinyl is fine. It isn’t as others on the forum are finding
:heart:

Sarah Cracknell - Lipslide
Infectious melodies from the St. Etienne singer

6 Likes

I dont find that to be true and it’s a gross generalisation as there is a multitude of models, set ups, cartridges etc. The LP12 is a very musical tool ime which means that minor “noise” isn’t unduly highlighted focusing on the presentation of the music, especially the further up the upgrade path and with the new Karousel bearing which is amazingly quiet. However, no turntable is going to disguise a really nasty pressing
:heart:

The Flaming Lips - American Head
CD|2020

10 Likes

81TAEWkEowL.AC_SY355

Nice Sunday evening nostalgia

19 Likes

Played loud as it’s possible to.

7 Likes

Bob Dylan - “Bringing It All Back Home” (1965)

13 Likes

His finest work in my opinion.

4 Likes

Pulling out some crackers today @TOBYJUG.

1 Like

I agree, although I love all Mazzy Star and Hopes other ventures in equal measures, depends on the mood im in as to which takes precesidence.

2 Likes

All About Eve. Scarlet and other Stories. CD.

“unique, folk-rock-influenced take” on the gothic rock style. Says Wiki. Much underrated imho.

MI0001597303

5 Likes

Now playing…

Nancy Wilson - You and Me

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)…continuing on this Sunday morning with this new release, May 6th, from Nancy which is her first solo release. I’m enjoying the opening track and look forward to the rest of the album…

5 Likes

Triple vinyl. The Who 53 years ago, making a racket. Which is of course the best Who of all!

20 Likes

The Monty Alexander Trio Montreux Alexander Live! / 1985 MPS / Germany CD / 8174872

4 Likes

Garbage | Strange Little Birds | 2016
One of my favourites by them.

7 Likes

I’m really enjoying this 1965 CBS UK pressing of Kind of Blue

14 Likes

Bonnie Raitt

Washington DC Blues

Not her best for sure. I can only describe the SQ as being of the standard of a decent bootleg.

7 Likes