What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Fab-sounding Speakers Corner vinyl:

6 Likes

Excellent choice Geoff. One of the best albums I bought in 2020

Claude

1 Like

Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours.

21 Likes

Pleased to hear that, but credit should really go to @Debs for introducing me to Angela Hewitt and also Jordi Savall. Coincidently, I was in fact listening to samples of other works by both of these today but I didn’t finalise a choice for purchase, however I expect to decide in the next few days.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Ray LaMontagne (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning from an afternoon walk with my wife around the Magnolia neighborhood and selecting an album I enjoy quite a bit and Ray is sounding sublime! …as is the usual circumstance the volume rises when the music starts with Ray’s music… what a fabulous album.

13 Likes

Now playing…

Bai Kamara Jr & The Voodoo Sniffers - Salone

Bai Kamara Jr (Vocals, Guitar), Tom Beardslee (Guitar), Eric Moens (Guitar), Désiré Somé (Bass) and Patrick Dorcean (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I have not had Bai and the Voodoo Sniffers out for a spin in quite a while so why not on a Wednesday evening… and they are sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

I’m listening to Qobuz and it sounds so good.

4 Likes

Michael McDonald The Voice of / 2000 Warner / Germany CD / 8122735302

An early start (after a late night!) begins with this very enjoyable compilation. The majority of the tracks are from MM solo releases but there are several original Doobie cuts, however Minute by Minute is not the by The Doobie Brothers but a great Live version from The New York Rock and Soul Revue CD and features Donald Fagen on piano. Also contained here is an excellent previously unreleased version of Stevie Wonder’s Higher Ground.

mmcdonaldthevoice

5 Likes

A lovely covers EP from Jonathan Wilson.

Great choice of songs from Bill Fay, Gordon Lightfoot (Fotheringay), Moby Grape, and The Four Tops.

4 Likes

An oldie but goldie as they say.

1 Like

For breakfast, have hesitated long before onboarding him, given mixed review. So far interesting…

2 Likes

A large number of trax off the new Ryan Adams album due out 11th June produced by Don Was.

3 Likes

Is that good?
:heart:

Its listed on Discogs, seemingly the only record put out by the label. Ars OJC etched in dead wax, so possibly sourced from OJC.
Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): ARS OJC 1 A2
Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): ARS OJC 1 B2 Hi
The record label itself is a pic of Abbey same as the sleeve on one side, Ars! On the other, not a Riverside label.

R-7218595-1493139003-9584.jpeg R-7218595-1493139014-9522.jpeg

2 Likes

Legendary…

18 Likes

Grace Jones Island Life / 2018 Island / Germany CD / 8424532

20 Likes

Rumbelows! Bloody hell! :joy:

3 Likes

Really enjoying Sean Latham’s reading from his own insightful Dylan book.

5 Likes

It’s official:

My work ( as a father) it’s done.
My (9y.o.) kid came to me and said:

“Put that song. It’s my all time fav”.
( in portuguese :joy::clown_face::innocent:)

And I did….

7 Likes

13 Likes