What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Alison Krauss. CD. Best of early stuff, with and without Union Station. Lovely imho.

71xF1xTLFkL.AC_SX466 (1)

16 Likes

Now playing…

Michael McDonald - Wide Open

Michael McDonald (Clavinet, Fender Rhodes, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Brass, Synthesizer Pads, Vocals, Wah Wah Clavinet, Wurlitzer), Tim Akers (Synthesizer), Bobby Campo (Trumpet), Bernie Chiaravalle (12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), Mark Douthit (Saxophone), Robben Ford ( Electric Guitar), Shannon Forrest (Brushes, Drum Loop, Drum Programming, Drums, Percussion, Synthesizer Bass), Larry Goldings (Hammond B3), Barry Green (Trombone), Warren Haynes (Electric Guitar), Amy Holland-McDonald (Vocals), Dann Huff (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Harry Kim (Trumpet), Michael Landau (Fills, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar), Michael Leonhart (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), David Levita (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Andrew Lippman (Trombone), Sol Littlefield (Electric Guitar), Tony Lucido (Bass), Branford Marsalis (Soprano Saxophone), Scott Mayo (Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Matt McCauley (Electric Guitar, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Marcus Miller (Bass), Lanice Morrison (Bass), Mark Mullins (Horn, Trombone), David Paich (Hammond B3, Synthesizer), Steve Patrick (Trumpet), John Peppard (Synthesizer), Matt Perrine (Sousaphone), Steve Porcaro (Synthesizer), Danny Rader (Bouzouki, Acoustic Guitar, Drew Ramsey (Electric Guitar), Drea Renee (Vocals), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Jeff Roach (Synthesizer), Mike Rojas (Fender Rhodes), George Shelby (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Tommy Simms (Bass), Leland Sklar (Bass), [Ward Smith (Tenor Saxophone), [Ilya Toshinskiy (Banjo, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin), Willie Weeks (Bass), Kris Wilkinson (Strings) and Craig Young (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @GeoffC above had reminded me I had not taken Michael out for a spin in quite some time and no time like the present… Kicking off this Thursday morning with ‘Wide Open,’ Michael’s 2017 release and he and the band are sounding sublime! Always enjoyed Michael’s voice and music and this is a very enjoyable album…

8 Likes

Quick break from this:

For this:

Happy.

6 Likes

A bit of VU to get the evening started

15 Likes

Beethoven Late String Quartets - Takács Quartet

Currently playing No. 14 in C#minor , Op. 131.

12 Likes

No excuse needed to play The Time Lord:

10 Likes

For me the Hi Res is a one of the best recordings I’ve heard.

This is what Hi Fi’s were made for.

19 Likes

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Cher! :balloon: :birthday:

Born Cherilyn Sarkisian on 20th May 1946 in El Centro, California :us:

75 years young Today! :smiley:

7 Likes

Gary Moore | How Blue Can You Get | 2021
I got this a few weeks ago but this is only my first listen… sounding good straight out of the blocks.

14 Likes

Looks like an accident waiting to happen! Wouldnt it have been safer for the rest of your rig to take it down and move it out the way?
…and those tools on the top of whatever’s underneath!
Brick n plaster dust from the drilling going down the back! :scream:
Freaking me out just looking at the photo :joy:
:heart:

Now playing…

The Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street

Sherman Marshall Cyr (Horn), Joe Lane Davis (Horn), John Hartman (Drums, Percussion), Michael Hossack (Drums), Tom Johnston (Vocals), Jerry Jumonville (Saxophone), Bill Payne (Keyboards, Organ, Piano), Tiran Porter (Bass, Vocals), Dave Shogren (Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Patrick Simmons (Guitar, Vocals), Jon Smith (Horn) and Ted Templeman (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this morning with a trip back in time to 1972 with ‘The Doobie Brothers’ and they are sounding mighty sweet! …it seam like the day before yesterday.

11 Likes

Benito Madonia & Antonio Forcione Vento Del Sud / 2000 naim / Austria cd / naim050

3 Likes

Bit of Mingus now. My copy is the least flat record I own! But somehow sounds ok

15 Likes

Downloaded 20 minutes ago … top tip @AndyP :+1:

1 Like

7 Likes

3 Likes

Original UK 10" pressing. The Fall’s finest, as far as I’m concerned.

6 Likes

Donald Byrd Band & Voices - A New Perspective, Blue Note 75

I’m making a point of actually listening to the records I already have at the moment because it’s easy to keep buying another record and another record and neglecting to listen to the ones you already have.

This one for instance is an incredible record which I’ve owned a couple of years and played once.

10 Likes

LP - Columbia / CBS Inc. 1980 : )

4 Likes

Streaming via Tidal (low res) and loving this album, looking forward to purchasing HI Res at the weekend

4 Likes