What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Orchestrial Manoeuvres in the dark (OMD) - Organization

Malcolm Holmes (Drums, Percussion), Paul Humphreys (Electronic Percussion, Electronic Piano,Organ, Percussion, Piano, Programming, Synthesizer, Vocals) and Andy McCluskey (Electronic Percussion, Bass Guitar, Organ, Percussion, Programming, Synthesizer, Treated Piano, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… taking out a second OMD album for a spin. I did enjoy the ‘Architecture And Morality’ album recently and thought I would try something else from their catalogue. Enjoying the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

10 Likes

The Black Keys - Delta Kream.

I followed @AndyP’s advice and downloaded the hi-res version of my current flavour of the month album … blimey! … that’s a bit good … I’m in the studio with them jamming this album.

I can only concur with Andy … if you like the album, wait till you hear it in full fat hi-res … double belter!

The Les Paul is getting plugged in and cranked up later … Let’s Rock!

15 Likes

I bet it sounds amazing on your system.

1 Like

Yep, the amps are hummin👍

2 Likes

I’ve not dabbled much in hi-res downloads, but this is just stunning.

3 Likes

Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - Lift The Lid.

5 Likes

Grant Green - Idle Moments Blue Note 75

I listened to this a fair bit when I first got it but again not for a year or more which is criminal.

I’ll play it right through, front to back like I did with the previous Donald Byrd LP which is another thing I’m intent on doing as it’s easy for me to skip through to the best bits or play just one track but I’m finding it really rewarding this way.

13 Likes

He’s another exceptional Hi Res.

… and Marc Ribot’s guitar solo on the Hendrix song Driftin’ is quite amazing.

This used to be my favourite Hi Res until the Black Keys album.

7 Likes

What a great, life affirming album.

6 Likes

Best of the BLAs, I think. On triple vinyl:

10 Likes

My favourite Sinatra.

1 Like

3 Likes

Groundbreaking stuff.

18 Likes

The John Martyn Ain’t No Saint compilation ripped listening via Hires portable. How can such an execrable human being make such beautiful music? Includes the lovely In the Morning which somehow didn’t make it to any album.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Now playing…

The Black Keys - Delta Kream

Dan Auerbach (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Sam Bacco (Percussion), Kenny Brown (Electric Guitar), Patrick Carney (Percussion), Eric Deaton (Bass Guitar) and Ray Jacildo (Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… joining in this afternoon as I start up today’s exercise routine with some ‘Delta Kream’ love and they are sounding sublime! Wife is out for a walk with a friend so the volume turned up a few notches…

13 Likes

Horace Parlance Quintet - Speakin’ My Piece, Blue Note Japan (1991)

Such a great Piano player and just so easy to listen to. A1.

8 Likes

Norah Jones - Feels Like Home.

23 Likes

Norah’s best record by a mile the Analogue Productions vinyl reissue is excellent.

1 Like

Back of the Fraim is all sealed up Dread, never fear… the top level is only on so I could measure. Under the thick sheet/ thin blanket is the 252 but it’ll be well out of the way when the drilling starts (& I’ll recheck the seal!)
Today was just removal of the old shelf.

Takes three hands but a vac is really good at removing dust while drilling, whips it out of the hole, during and after…

But I may well break down & rebuild the Fraim tomorrow anyway - needs some cable wrangling and checking the spikes.

Apologies for the thread drift, folks :wink:

1 Like