What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A great set of album. The Only Ones we’re hugely underrated.

2 Likes

Ramsey’s collaboration with Larry Dunn and the others in team EW&F works very successfully plus I always thought it was well recorded and sounded great on LP.

For an unknown reason Routes was never originally released on CD in the US with the only version being the 1994 Sony Japan issue. It became quite hard to get a copy of this but eventually I did, and it too has great sonics. Ironically, not that long after my purchase a Blu-spec CD was released in Japan and my curiosity got the better of me and I bought a copy.

The Blu-spec CD I have now does sound very close to my memory of the LP, but I don’t doubt that the vinyl would be amazing through your system, as it far exceeds the Sondek / Ittok / Troika and amplification I had to play my copy on. :+1:

1 Like

Maybe one last one before work meetings. Shelby Lynne, just a little lovin’. Yes please. No breakfast in bed though. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Have been streaming…

The 'NAIM AUDIO > The Bristol HiFi Show 2020

Currently 26 tracks into the playlist and it looks like about 28 more to go… Something different and the music has been varied and just about every track has been sweet! Right now on Billy Raffoul 1975, ‘Acoustic’ track and next up Tom Misch ‘Man Like You’. …well onward I go…

1 Like

Midnight Oil 10, 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Had to give this a spin on my new gear. :grin:

5 Likes

Roger Waters Amused to Death (remastered)

14 Likes

Need to change the pace after the RW album, this is still one of my favourite albums of the last 12 months, Matt Berninger Serpentine Prison.

17 Likes

Think a few others have commented on just how good this sounds, The Black Keys Delta Kream.

16 Likes

Yippee, my Nancy Sinatra, start walkin 1965-1976 arrived! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Great way to demonstrate naim PRAT :grinning:

1 Like

Listening now…

1 Like

This one keeps popping up, I’m going to have a look at it, in the near future.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Yep I love The Only Ones. Saw them live a couple of times & also saw Peter Perret live a couple of years ago. Peter Perret last 2 solo albums are excellent also.

Prem.

2 Likes

Turned the radio on in the cab this morning (6Music) just caught the tail end of Jan Gaye sharing memories of Marvin Gaye performing live, it’s the 50th anniversary of What’s Going On
So decided to stream this…

What’s Going On Live
20210521_073416
:heart:

9 Likes

Cérebro Magnético - Hermeto Pascoal

Amazing percussion, horns and much unbridled flute.

The term, “Latin jazz” seems too reductive for this all embracing music.

2 Likes

Ooooh gorgeous - Mick, Stevie and Ringo on board.

9 Likes

That is quite possibly one of the most disturbing album titles ever

4 Likes

One of my favourite all time Blue Notes, you owe it to yourself to get it on a decent pressing/mastering though. The 75 series really aren’t very good, thankfully Don Was saw the error of his ways with the following 80 & Classic series
:heart:

Andreas Vollenweider & Friends 25 Years Live / 2008 Kin Kou / US CD x 2 / KIN17711

A very gentle start to a Friday, with this excellent two disc set of live recordings.

2 Likes

A lot less “out there” but still exhilarating.

A Música Livre De Hermeto Pascoal

2 Likes