What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Too lazy to fetch the vinyl version from all of ten feet away from where I’m sat! So streaming.

3 Likes

I still don’t, after all these years, “get” Charlie Parker; it’s all a bit “fidgety”, as The Termagant always says. However this, I can cope with. It’s the 2020 Bird’s Nest Centennial version on blue vinyl.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Buddy Guy - The Blues Is Alive And Well

Buddy Guy (Fender Stratocaster, Acoustic Guitar, Electroacoustic Guitar, Vocals), James Bay (Guitar, Vocals), Jeff Beck (Guitar), Rachel Hambridge (Vocals), Tom Hambridge (Drum Loop, Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Steven Herrman (Trumpet), Jim Hoke (Baritone Saxophone), Mick Jagger (Harmonica), Emil Justian (Harmonica), Tommy Macdonald (Bass), Ann McCrary (Vocals), Regina McCrary (Vocals), Kevin McKendree (Clavinet, Hammond B3, Mellotron, Upright Piano, Wurlitzer), Rob McNelley (Rhythm Guitar, Slide Guitar), Doug Moffet (Tenor Saxophone), Keith Richards (Guitar), Charles Rose (Horn Arrangements, Trombone) and Willie Weeks (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the 81 year old Buddy Guy (when this album was released in 2018) and this very talented group of musicians accompanying him on this album and they are sounding mighty sweet! Sounding mighty fine and a lovely follow up to ‘The Black Keys’ album…

14 Likes

4 Likes

Don Henley, Cass County.
On Vinyl.
Roon can’t put this in your lap!
Lovely, informative booklet. Extra tracks vs the CD too. Good ones as well :blush:

10 Likes

Ramsey Lewis Routes / 2011 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve / SICP 20297

Haven’t played this in a while, so a good reminder to give it a spin.

3 Likes

The legendary Eddie Harris makes a visit to London and who turns out to play on his album:
Steve Winwood, Jeff Beck, Albert Lee, Chris Squire, Ian Paice, Rick Grech and Boz Burrell.

2 Likes

You’re right, so I’ve decided to listen to it again. Great playing from the band, such a progression from her debut.

1 Like

An underrated album here maybe, but immensely enjoyable and the vinyl copy sounds incredible, like they’re live in the room, not bad for a 41 year old studio recording :+1:

2 Likes

The week is not over yet. It is Friday. TGIF. Has been a frustrating week work-wise. Feeling like starting today with Rumer, Nashville Tears but then thought time is scarce, must listen to something I think must be very good but haven’t tried.

Long story short, Natalie Merchant, Tigerlily. Very good bet and wise choice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Wide ranging Latin jazz masterclass, on this late 70s album from composer and performer Hermeto Pascoal.

Zabumbê-bum-á by. Hermeto Pascoal

1 Like

Now playing…

Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Session

Albert King (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Stevie Ray Vaughan (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Tony Llorens (Piano, Organ), Gus Thornton (Bass) and Michael Llorens (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the very fine Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan and they are sounding mighty sweet! It doesn’t get much better than this…

13 Likes

Last one for the evening. It’s been a constant companion over the years, not necessarily this particular copy which sounds a lot better than some of my first taped copies from yesteryear!

9 Likes

This Concept Album Is Based in the destruction of the Earth by the mankind. 10.000 years after mankind’s self-destruction, a man and a woman travelling in space return to Earth to repopulate it. The tone of the lyrics is of contemplation over mankind’s past mistakes and future hopes. In this Album we can find influences by bands Like The Moody Blues and Pink Floyd. The translation of the album’s name is “10,000 Years Later Between Venus and Mars”. For the most of critics is the best album ever recorded in Portugal!

All of the songs are keyboard-heavy, and emphasize interplay between Moogs, piano, and Mellotron. ( recorded in 78)

4 Likes

Damn, I’ve had a look on Qobuz and Tidal to have a listen and can’t see it. It sounds really interesting,

It has to be said: I listen because I ripped my original CD. I never went searching on any platform

Amazon U.K. has a copy at £137! I now have ordered one from Portugal via discogs.

1 Like

An original LP , a couple of years ago, in Japan was trading for a thousand euros

Sex Pistols - NMTB
Ramones - Ramones
Joey Ramone - Dont worry about me
Talking Heads - Talking Heads:77
The Only Ones - Even Serpents Shine

All vinyl.

7 Likes

Rumer, boys don’t cry. Soothing! Btw, Rumer is playing tricks in my head. I am involuntarily singing along don’t sing this song. :sweat_smile:

No I am not crying because of work! If anything I cry because Qobuz doesn’t have Nashville Tears! :sob:

7 Likes