What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Kicking off World Goth Day with a classic of the genre

2 Likes

Saturday morning stretch, warming those semi-conductors up.

5 Likes

Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin / 2003 Atlantic / Japan CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR11611

After the excellent Dave Brubeck Time Out Takes, this is definitely waking me up!

19 Likes

Lord Huron - Long Lost
This is there 4th album and it’s another fine indie folk album from Ben Schneider guitar, vocals, harmonica, Mark Barry drums, percussion, vocals, Miguel Briseño bass, keys, percussion, theremin, Tom Renaud guitar, vocals.

3 Likes

Imelda May, life, love, flesh, blood. Awesome Saturday night relaxation album. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Some more from the archive before moving on to something more recent of the genre

2 Likes

Enjoying these Barbirolli highres recordings

7 Likes

15 Likes

Not getting much listening in but when I get the odd hour I’m still astounded at the uplift from NDX2 to the ND555. I’ve had this album for 40 years and never has it sounded so ‘live’.

G

10 Likes

John Hyatt with The Jerry Douglas Band - Leftover Feelings
Another fine piece of blues or should I say greens, I am waiting for his long black electric Cadillac, which will go a thousand miles on a charge, to go on sale!

9 Likes

Joni Mitchell, court and spark. Beautiful singing and lyrics. :relieved:

20 Likes

Jazz is most often a collegial endeavour, but it has a star system too. It’s hard to overstate the significance of Sons of Kemet’s Shabaka Hutchings, a saxophonist whose relentless energy and pioneering spirit have been key to the development of the British jazz scene over the past decade.

6 Likes

Yazoo - Upstairs at Eric’s

18 Likes

Enjoying listening to this.

13 Likes

Donald Byrd Royal flush / 2006 Blue Note / RVG Edition / Germany CD / 094636263229

Second play of a new arrival yesterday, sounding very good.

Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock Piano
Pepper Adams Saxophone
Butch Warren Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

7 Likes

Valerie June - The Moon And The Stars: Prescriptions For Dreamers

On Vinyl

6 Likes

11 Likes

Iceage | Seek Shelter

With production by Peter Kember and an added gospel choir, the Danish band’s fifth album completes their transformation from grim-faced nihilists to wearied soothsayers.

1 Like