What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Yes, I agree their albums do have excellent sound quality.

1 Like

Last one for the evening

john Mayer - Paradise Valley.

5 Likes

Lightning Seeds - Jollification. Another one I haven’t played for such a long time. Perfect, breezy pop.

10 Likes

One to cheer you up on a dull day.

1 Like

Nancy Sinatra, start walkin 1965-1976. Sorry playing this again so soon. I can’t help it. It’s so much fun.

I didn’t pay attention to how CD would come and didn’t exactly expect to be the deluxe edition because price was quite reasonable. It came in 7”x7” hardcover booklet. Not exactly 12”x12” vinyl but awesome, much better than I expected!! :relaxed:

It’s going to be a hero piece amongst the rest of my CDs. It’s bigger than everything else I have. :star_struck:

11 Likes

Following backwards to their self tilted debut.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly

Donald Fagen (Harmonica, Horn, Horn Arrangements, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Harp, Vocals), Dave Bargeron (Euphonium, Horn, Trombone, Vocals), Daniel Bazerus (Vocals), Michael Brecker (Horn, Tenor Saxophone), Randy Brecker (Flugelhorn, Horn, Trumpet), Larry Carlton (Guitar), Ronnie Cuber (Horn, Baritone Saxophone), Rick Derringer (Guitar), Frank Floyd (Vocals), James Gadson (Drums), Ed Greene (Drums), Gordon Grody (Vocals), Anthony Jackson (Bass), Steve Jordan (Drums), Steve Khan (Acoustic Guitar), Abraham Laboriel, Sr. (Bass), Daniel Lazerus (Vocals), Will Lee (Bass), Hugh McCracken (Guitar, Harmonica), Leslie Miller (Vocals), Marcus Miller (Bass), Rob Mounsey (Horn, Horn Arrangements, Keyboards, Synthesizer), Roger Nichols (Percussion), Michael Omartian (Keyboards, Piano, Electric Piano), Dean Parks (Guitar), Greg Phillinganes (Clavinet, Keyboards, Piano, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass), Jeff Porcaro (Drums), Chuck Rainey (Bass), Zachary Sanders (Vocals), [Valerie Simpson (Vocals), David Tofani (Horn, Alto Saxophone) and Starz Vander Lockett (Percussion, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon and spending some time with Donald and he the band is sounding mighty sweet! One very fine album…

16 Likes

Robert Finley - Sharecropper’s Son. Soul blues, new release produced by Dan A of The Black Keys.

6 Likes

Goldfrapp, supernature. Keeping the fun lively theme on a bright sunny Saturday morning. :sunglasses:

'Cause you’re my number one
I’m like a dog to get you
I want it up and on
I’m like a dog to get you

She has got me. :dog:

14 Likes

Hi Dread,

Yes, I checked out a few of his albums. Quite a range, from smooth to more traditional to more experimental. Preferred the latter two. Some good collaborative albums, too.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

50 years on…

14 Likes

Norah Jones, the fall. Somehow this is one of my fav amongst her work aside from come away with me and feels like home. May be it’s the slight lean towards more strings. My favorite fun album of Norah Jones. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Sara K & Chris Jones, are we there yet. Live in concert. Wonderful combo, awesome performance from Chris Jones! There is something really nice about not over the top production work but honest presentation in a live recording. All the live environmental noises, things dropping, Sara’s quirky laughs and dialogs all add so much more enjoyment to the album. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Bryan Ferry These Foolish Things

16 Likes

Lou Reed Transformer

27 Likes

Wilco The Whole Love

10 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Time OutTakes / 2020 Brubeck Editions / US CD / BECD20200901

First choice today, waking up time.

7 Likes

Recommended by @ToddHarris and after a listen to the samples online I downloaded the 16 bit FLAC version.
Wow, the quality and ambience of these remastered recordings is quite something. Miles Davis officianados take note.

12 Likes

Nightwish, vehicle of spirit, live at Wembley Arena, London. Awesome backing music while working with power tools. :joy:

3 Likes

A gentle start of the Saturday morning

8 Likes