What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

David Bowie - Glastonbury 2000.

12 Likes

Nicolas Meier Orient / 2005 naim / UK CD / naimcd091

1 Like

Now playing…

Mats Eilertsen - And Then Comes The Night

Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass), Harmen Fraanje (Piano) and Thomas Strønen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this lovely trio and Mats Harmen and Thomas are sounding sublime! I have not had this out for awhile…

2 Likes

Oh dear, only 3 likes …not much love here for Mr Morrissey :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Paula Cole, ballads. Starting my Monday morning softly. Was going to listen to American Quilt and indeed I did. By Paula’s own admission that it is patch work thus the name American Quilt, lacking coherence that I prefer. Therefore, I am listened to Ballads and wayfaring stranger too. That’s an awesome single! Ballads’ You’ve changed is sung beautifully! :heart:

Wayfaring Stranger single

Ballads

3 Likes

Dinner With Dylan. BBC Radio Drama from last week’s 80th birthday shows, on the BBC Sounds App. Quite entertaining and no doubt some of us Bobcats can recognise themselves…

1 Like

CD - Metheny Group Productions 2021 : )

Definitely a grower, and excellent listening late on Sunday evening when nothing is worth watching on the telly.

4 Likes

I have fond memories of seeing The Dame on this tour, the last he ever undertook.

17 Likes

You could be watching Sky Arts on Freeview Channel 11. Santana live at Montreux is on at the moment, then Steve Miller Band at 1am followed by Classic Albums featuring Grateful Dead at 2am. But hey, I am sure the PM is a great way to enjoy the evening too, must give my copy another spin soon. :+1:

1 Like

These guys just gel - sublime musicianship. Never fails to entertain…

Quality recording
16/44.1

5 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Bay of Rainbows

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Joey Baron (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the late afternoon hour with Jakob and this fabulous trio and they are sounding sublime! Listening to Jakob’s music always brings joy…

5 Likes

Now playing…

Vijay Iyer - Uneasy

Vijay Iyer (Piano), Linda May Han Oh (Double Bass) and Tyshawn Sorey (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the early evening hours with this recent release, April 8th, from Vijay and he and his trio are sounding superb!

7 Likes

I came across this album on YouTube. Liked it and bought a copy online. The sound quality from this Japanese pressing is excellent.

21 Likes

I’m always going to regret not seeing that tour, now my last memory of a Bowie gig was Glass Spider. Think I thought he would tour again. :frowning:

1 Like

Phil Colins Face Valve. Hard to believe that is 40 years old, sht that makes me feel old. :grin: How quickly those 40 years have gone. Love this album, he may have lost the plot later but IMO this is a classic. Apparently Genesis knocked back In The Air Tonight for the next album.

19 Likes

Arguably the best album in 90s, Radiohead OK Computer.

20 Likes

Dusty Springfield Dusty in Memphis

20 Likes

No doubt you’re familiar with it, but I find the Patzak / Ferrier / Walter Lied sublime, and I’m not even a particular Mahler fan.

Santana Abraxas.

23 Likes

It’s hard to love somebody who makes a passionate advocacy for a political party (For Britain) so full of hatred and racist bile.

I did love him, though, for many decades, prior to his utterances and stances of more recent years.

“England for the English”, no thanks, Steven.

1 Like