What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Rolling back to my teenage years. Highly likely going to pi$$ the neighbours off this evening.

6 Likes

That’s what they said about Tubular Brass and we know where that went :wink:

1 Like

Stunning sound quality on this

6 Likes

New York Rock and Soul Revue. CD. 1991. Some great musicians and a great house band.

The New York Rock and Soul Revue was a musical project which evolved from a series of concerts and musical shows produced by Libby Titus (future wife of Donald Fagen) that lasted from 1989 to 1992. The project was led by Donald Fagen and included Phoebe Snow, Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs, Eddie Brigati (formerly of The Rascals), David Brigati (also of The Rascals).”

2 Likes

Slinky, then measured, then quite slinky again.

And is also, as stated, a very dynamic stereo recording.

Wonderful album !!!

Mick Abrahams’ Blodwyn Pig | Lies | 1971
His fine blues rock solo album away from Blodwyn.

4 Likes

Watched the Arena programme on Delia Derbyshire recently, and thought it a good time to revisit this fine little weirdo:

White Noise An Electric Storm Island, 1969

Haven’t listened to it in years - it’s fab.

8 Likes

Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin’ 1965 - 1976

On Vinyl

I can’t get enough of this, best thing I have bought this year

15 Likes

Bona.

1 Like

Now playing…

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways

Bob Dylan (Guitar, Vocals), Bob Britt (Guitar), Matt Chamberlain (Drums), Tony Garnier (Bass), Donnie Herron (Accordion, Steel Guitar, Violin) and Charlie Sexton (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Bob and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

16 Likes

Bartók String Quartets - Emerson String Quartet

I’ve read reviews which have suggested that the recordings sound dated (from 1988), but I find these truly stunning, capturing both depth and clarity. Great interpretations too.

7 Likes

Currently spinning, another great remix of a Tull classic by Steven Wilson

9 Likes

Not a phrase I’ve read that often!

12 Likes

Robin Trower, Maxi Priest and Livingstone Brown - United State of Mind.

A most excellent recommendation earlier from @johnt… Tidalising this right now, and it’s a potential belter!

Great shout. :+1:

4 Likes

:thinking: I have remixes by SW and originals from Tull, Yes, Gentle Giant and King Crimson, the only one I don’t think he did justice to was Relayer

1 Like

I wonder if what they really mean is its not been “remastered” compressed and brickwalled to death?
:heart:

1 Like

Stephane Grappelli - Vintage Grappelli

I played this some while ago and enjoyed it very much, particularly the excellent guitar playing of both John Etheridge and Martin Taylor. I just spotted it again in the list of ‘My Albums’ on Qobuz. It’s definitely worth a repeat visit.

6 Likes

10 Likes