What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This is the best quality reproduction Blue Note cover I’ve handled even better than Music Matters and Tone Poets I cannot speak for a Mint original because I’ve never handled one.

Further information is limited but this is from the original promotional stuff,

• Remastered by Rudy Van Gelder using the best available master tapes
  • Lacquers cut by legendary Japanese cutting engineer Toru Kotetsu of JVC
  • Pressed in the state-of-the-art pressing plant in Japan on 180 gram high quality vinyl

Remastered by RVG must mean from his digital transfers I suppose regardless it sounds beautiful.

12 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, western stars. Last one for the night. :cowboy_hat_face:

22 Likes

The documentary on Sky Arts was excellent if you haven’t seen it. Paul, Steve, Mick and Dee perform a couple of tracks at the end.

Welcome back Bob, hope you had a well deserved break and feeling better
:heart:

No, I haven’t seen it yet. Keep forgetting I’ve got access to Sky Arts.

I really want to watch that.

Robin Trower, Maxi Priest, Livingstone Brown - United State of Mind
A wonderful coming together of three great musicians from very different genres who are making great music together. If you haven’t heard this album you should give it a try, I think it might just surprise you. It’s one of those that I cant stop playing.

6 Likes

Original UK vinyl. You can never have too much of The Dame:

20 Likes

I’ve loved this since I was a kid, adore it still.

More repeats of this and
I’m Sorry I’ll Read That Again please Beeb!

12 Likes

Miles Davis - Blue Haze, Prestige OJC (1984)

A very nice Original Jazz Classics pressing from 1984 of this early Prestige compilation.

10 Likes

The Reverend Shawn Amos & The Brotherhood - Blue Sky

3 Likes

The excellent MoFi version, some versions can be a tad bright. I like this one best

15 Likes

Playing final disc, Modernism: A New Decade.

Sounds so good.

4 Likes

The Black Keys | Attack & Release | 2008
Some good old 'Keys to be getting on with.

9 Likes

Yep, I second all of that @johnt :+1:

2 Likes

Ray Wylie Hubbard - Dangerous Spirits

3 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Tous des oiseaux

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Savina Yannatou (Voice), Alexandros Botinis (Violoncello), Stella Gadedi (Flute), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Yannis Evangelatos (Bassoon), Dinos Hadjiiordanou (Accordion), Aris Dimitriadis (Mandolin), Maria Bildea (Harp), Sokratis Sinopoulos (Constantinoble Lyra, Lute), Nikos Paraoulakis (Ney), Stefanos Dorbarakis (Kanonaki), Giorgos Kontoyannis (Cretan Lyra, Percussion), String Orchestra and Eleni Karaindrou Ensemble.

Streaming on Qobus (48/24… kicking off this Tuesday morning with this January 2019 release from Eleni and she and this large group of talented musicians, are sounding sublime! I am off for a one on one visit with my trainer in an hour. Last time we met up in person was in March 2020. So a bit of getting back to normalcy… Anyway, I do love to start the day with Eleni and her music, the opening track is lovely and look forward to the rest of the album.

New Coral album (Coral Island) is a work of art, check it out if you haven’t heard it already.

5 Likes

Sheer filth!

3 Likes

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Paul Weller! :balloon: :birthday:

Born on 25th May 1958 in Woking, Surrey, England :uk:

63 years old Today! :smiley:

8 Likes

Given that Bonzo swung like a bastard, it’s surprising that no jazzers (as far as I know) have attempted to interpret the Zep canon. Until now. This is out on Friday, Chesky have sent me a 192/24 fileset. So far, and contrary to expectations, it’s actually OK.

4 Likes