What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me. I haven’t got much by the Doobie Brothers, only Minute By Minute and Livin’ on the Faultline. I decided to try some of their earlier records and this is sounding good.

12 Likes

I think I’ve lost it today, I was thinking that Nick Mason looked really different, it took me quite a while to realise it was Dave.

3 Likes

I know….i have those days

1 Like

Super album. I’ve been using it extensively in various turntable auditions recently. A rare example of good hifi AND awesome music.

2 Likes

Your post prompted me to listen to this. Been a long time since I played it.folder

1 Like

Cara Dillon, wanderer. I spent at least 20 sec wandering to see what I should start my day with. Wanderer of course! Such soothing fork songs. Nice with a hot cup of breakfast tea or coffee on a cold winter morning. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Side 1 of this on my ‘new’ Aro/Keel LP12.
Stonkingly awesome sound experience.

16 Likes

Frightening haircuts!

2 Likes

folder

2 Likes

Dave Mason & Steve Cropper - Three tracks - Qobuz 16/44
Two rock legends live performing three tracks (All Along The Watchtower, The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys, When Something is Wrong With My Baby). Fine vocals (Gretchen Rhodes sharing the work) and guitar work of the highest order, this is fine music.I’m pretty sure that Mason played 12 string on Jimi’s original recording of Watchtower, so a nice link there.
Thanks @Gazza for playing it earlier.
Dave Mason has a CD of this tour for sale on his website, from the U.K. I can’t buy the disc or download.

2 Likes

Suzanne Vega. Retrospective, the best of Suzanne Vega. Haven’t listened to these tunes for so long. Played them so much in my younger days. :blush:

Do-do-do-do do-do-do-do do-do-do do-do-do-do :relaxed:

14 Likes

Now Playing…

Melody Gardot - Currency of Man

Melody Gardot (Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums), Heather Donavon (Vocals), Clément Ducol (Prepared Piano, String Arrangements, String Conductor), Larry Goldings (Organ), Gary Grant (Trumpet), Irwin Hall (Alto Saxophone), Jesse Harris (Guitar), Jerry Hey (Conductor, Horn Arrangements), Dan Higgins (Baritone, Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Clydene Jackson (Vocals), Pete Korpela (Percussion), Pete Kuzma (Organ), Mitchell Long (Guitar), Andrew Martin (Trombone), Dean Parks (Guitar), Reese Richardson (Guitar), Chuck Staab (Drums), Julia Waters (Vocals) and Maxine Waters (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning from a walk around the neighborhood and taking Melody out for a spin and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! …one sweet album.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Karrin Allyson - Ballards: Remembering John Coltrane

Karrin Allyson (Piano, Vocals), Bob Berg (Tenor Saxophone), James Carter (Saxophone), Lewis Nash (Cymbals, Drums, Drum Sticks), John Patitucci (Acoustic Bass, Strings), James Williams (Piano) and Steve Wilson (Saxophone)…

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this evening with this very fine album featuring Karrin and this talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! One beautiful album and worth the time to give a spin…

3 Likes

Aretha Franklin Now

15 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Waters

24 Likes

Not gone ahead yet……but it does let you add the cd/ t shirt bundle to the cart and checkout?
Heart got the better of me and its on its way. I guess as they come to the end of their stock it maximises the sale of t shirts…….£39 including shipping by ups @£ = 1.41 dollars

1 Like

IMHO it is their best. A desert Island disc for me.

The latest brilliant Lambchop album

7 Likes

Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349533127

14 Likes

Is it electronic, I was really disappointed by his last album.