What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People

20 Likes

Till Brönner + Bob James On Vacation / 2020 Masterworks / EU CD / 19439700122

4 Likes

21 Likes

Puss N Boots - No Fools, No Fun
Norah Jones, Sasha Dobson and Catherine Popper come together to make some fine Country and Americana music

12 Likes

Best of Blondie. Feeling nostalgic. So much fun! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Esbjorn Svensson Trio - Live In Hamburg (2007)

Friday night chill with EST and imho their best album and one of the very best live albums too… kinetic performance by a terrific band.

15 Likes

Blue Note Re:imagined / 2020 Blue Note / EU CD x 2 / 0710012

Enjoying this fine sounding double CD, released last year. Particularly fond of the Blue Lab Beats version of Bobby Hutcherson’s Montara.

7 Likes

https _images.genius.com_a134f09ff3716e4f1d1b60f672d6db0f.598x598x1

Cowboy Junkies - The Caution Horses

Have the CD for years and never knew there also was a version of the album that contains 11 tracks, 11th being “Lost My driving Wheel”. Song unknown to me.
Enjoying it now in HiRes. :smiley:

15 Likes

Ashley Monroe, like a rose. Beautiful country music. Really enjoy her singing.:rose:

6 Likes

Sarah King, the hour. First try. Not too shabby at all. Pretty short under 16mins. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Corine Bailey Rae, self titled album. Beautiful singing. :relieved:

12 Likes

Pat Metheny Group Still Life (Talking) / 2011 Nonesuch / US CD / 799482

Time for an all time favourite on a Friday.

12 Likes

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

For Linz, who introduced me to this gem, which turned out to be his best (IMHO and that of millions of others, I’m sure).

27 Likes

Random selection day.
Tracey Ullman - You Broke My Heart In 17 Places
Not sure if it was originally a novelty release, bouncy and enjoyable. In fact it’s a long time since I played it and the speed of the first track had me checking that I really was using 33 rpm.
It got me thinking, views get divided on whether to listen to familiar or not for auditioning. This might be good as unfamiliar. Sadly apart from on line mentions of Hank Marvin, the only credits are for the backing singers.

3 Likes

All the black keys love made me go searching for this belter!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Definitely a Friday night special where I came from, the track Sorrow was played on a jute box in our local every break up. :frowning:

Bowie Pin Ups.

22 Likes

Carrie Elkin & Danny Schmidt - For keeps

4 Likes

Natalie Merchant, leave your sleep. Love this folk song album. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Sticking with 70s Rodriguez Cold Fact

3 Likes

1 Like