What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Silversun Pickups - Better Nature
CD|2015
Alternative rock

1 Like

Eagles Greatest Hits 71 to 75. Vinyl Wot I bought in 1976. (in Stroud) Still sounds good.

19 Likes

What is an XR remaster?
:heart:

Need to investigate this!

Cheers
Atb
Kk

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Infidels.

Back to normal now and having a go at everyone again. Produced by Mark Knopfler, but some say the later reworked SACD version is better. Also has an appearance by Sly and Robbie which is always a good thing.

Not for the first time, Dylan omitted some tracks which were recorded for the album, the most notable being Blind Willie McTell. Thankfully it appeared on Bootleg Series 1-3 a few years later.

8 Likes

Just started streaming this from Tidal in CD quality, via a Node 2i with a Chord Hugo 2 (on home demo) connected. All I can say is… wow! That’s a hell of a difference! A real step up from the “naked” Node. Night and day.

14 Likes

Joining the Erykah Badu fest…
As Baduizm (still my favourite) and Live have already been covered here, I’ll chip in with this
New Amerykah Part 1 (4th World War)

6 Likes

Mansur Brown - Serious/Kerene , Amair Records (2021)

A new double A Sided single, a new record label and a new LP coming out soon from the very talented young Jazz guitarist from London.

Unfortunately no vinyl release of the single yet but loving it all the same.

1 Like

Check this one from Pure Pleasure, might still be available
Duke Ellingtons Spacemen - The Cosmic Scene

3 Likes

Real Estate - Atlas
CD|2014
indie rock

1 Like

I hope you like it!

br,
pat

1 Like

Waterson Carthy

Having just heard Eliza and Martin on In Tune on BBC R3, I thought I’d continue the theme. Here with the excellent Norma Waterson.

3 Likes

Sorry if I come across like a stalker tonight with so many reply’s!
As a Node 2i user myself thats interesting, mind you at around £1800 (unless I’m mistaken) plus the cost of the Node, there might be better streaming options for £2300? (Naim ND5 XS2 for example, no idea just guessing, be an interesting comparison)
Sorry to go off Topic folks

16/44.1 Tidalising selections from the Bobbie Gentry The Girl from Chickasaw County box set.

I am seriously regretting getting this Chord Hugo 2 DAC on home demo now. Just an hour after plugging it in, it has made such a difference I’m not sure I will be able to live without one now…

11 Likes

Same. I am listening to the 24 bit Hi Res download off my NAS and find some of the tracks are loosing focus as the energy and sound builds!

Trying it on the PC which can be a much more involving sound experience.

Played my favourite tracks several times over and over and although the SQ was only fair this album could have been great. Track 9 The Lonely Night is so atmospheric, but I struggled at times to hear the lyrics - I just don’t know WHY!

3 Likes

Ordered my friend

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (Keyboards, Conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (Vocal), Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Electronics), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Helge Norbakken (Percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (Zarb), Bjarte Eike (Violin), Per Buhre (Violin), Peter Spissky (Violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin), Rastko Roknic (Viola),Joel Sundin (Viola), Tom Pitt (Violoncello), Kate Hearne (Violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (Double-Bass), Andreas Arend (Theorboe, Archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (Harpsichord, Clavichord).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24… Continuing on this morning with Jon Balke’s ‘Siwan’ and just love this album. It is an excellent recording with a extremely talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! One very sweet album and the vocals of Amina blend with the music so well, simply beautiful…

2 Likes

1970 - Julian’s Treatment / A Time Before This

2 Likes

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Wrong Creatures
CD|2018

5 Likes

Roachford. Permanent Shade of Blue. 1994. Saw him tour this album. Mix of Blues/Rock/Soul. IMHO if Wonder or Prince had done this it would have been huge. And no, I haven’t been on the pop.

6 Likes