What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I can feel you are going to cost me money!

1 Like

And not knowing which game you are watching , if it is the England game it’s typical go in the lead and then lose the plot. If I’m watching football in the house then I could t possibly play jazz at the same time, the better half can forgive one but not both, I’d need to retire to the cabin.

1 Like

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Madar

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Anouar Brahem (Oud) and Ustad Shaukat Hussain (Tabla).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Jan, Anoaur and Ustad and they are sounding sublime! Simply beautiful music and this is one sweet album…

5 Likes

4 Likes

A decent effort by Craft again nicely pressed.

1 Like

Mark Knopfler - Local Hero.

11 Likes

Yep Adam, I was watching the England game. Seen better…

Triple vinyl. Amazing performance from Irmin, Holger, Jaky and Mikey; with the possible exception of the Dead, has there ever been a more telepathically-linked group? Really good sound too, considering it’s from a fan-recorded bootleg taped 46 years ago.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Creative Arts Ensemble One Step Out. Not heard this for nearly 40 years. House share - do we play Dylan/Dead/Miles/Steely Dan/Hall & Oates (floppy haired English lecturer) nope says the Music PHD Spiritual Jazz is the next big thang listen to this - well like Martin Peters he was 20 years ahead of his time. Great stuff and Pure Pleasure have done a magnificent job on the vinyl reissue.

1 Like

Nancy Sinatra, sugar town. Feel like something fun this morning. This one fits the bill perfectly. :partying_face:

5 Likes

Herbie’s 8th album, one of his funkiest:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Booker T and The MGs, And Now.

10 Likes

Hootie And The Blowfish, Cracked Rear View.

Just f…ing tremendous from the off. Too loud for this time of night but there’s nobody in.

‘and if the sun comes up tomorrow…’

Superb.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Bob Dylan Rough and Rowdy Ways.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Rae - On The Beach

Chris Rea (Fretless Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Slide Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Robert Ahwai (Guitar), Robert Ahwry (Guitar), Martin Ditcham (Percussion), Kevin Leach (Keyboards), Dave Mattacks (Drums), Max Middleton (Fender Rhodes, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer), Eoghan O’Neill (Bass) and Adrian Rea (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this evening with an album from Chris Rea and he and the band are sounding sublime! …he does have the feet tapping and body swaying…

9 Likes

Bruce Hornsby Absolute Zero

8 Likes