What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Couldn’t resist making this purchase in a record store in Leigh on Sea today

15 Likes

4 Likes

Loving these Miles Davis Quintet remasters.

11 Likes

And then , this….

9 Likes

Jau bi - Nafs at Peace Ltd edition (2021)

Finally received this beautiful record today I believe it’s available on Tidal too now.

3 Likes

@TheKevster , it’s a top record, been working away today with this playing and thanks for introducing an artist i had no experience of, can feel an investment in back catalogue coming on.

1 Like

Now playing…

Jaubi - Nafs at Peace

Ali Riaz Baqar (Guitar), Zohaib Hassan Khan (Sarangi), Qammar ‘Vicky’ Abbas (Drums), Kashif Ali Dhani (Tabla, Vocals), Tenderlonious (Flute, Soprano Saxophone), Latarnik (Fender Rhodes Mark II, Grand Piano, Yamaha PSR-550, Korg MS-20, Moog Voyager, Hohner Clavinet Pianet Duo) and Vox Humana chamber choir (Oslo) - (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… a mention from @Bobthebuilder on the 'What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought? thread had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin. The opening track is sounding superb and looking forward to the rest of the album!

5 Likes

Also received The Stardust Session by Coltrane this double LP was all recorded on one day in 1958 and previously released across 3 records.

8 Likes

And then… this

7 Likes

Marc Ford - Holy Ghost. Cracking album from Marc Ford, and good for low level listening while finishing up work.

6 Likes

@Adam1 made me do it, honest guv.

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Anouar Brahem - Blue Maqams

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Dave Holland (Double Bass), Jack DeJohnette (Drums) and Django Bates (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour and as I start up today’s exercises with Anouar Brahem’s ‘BlueMaqams’ and he and the quartet are sounding sublime! A beautiful album…

2 Likes

A guy with a great body of work. Remarkably under valued I think.

8 Likes

Bryan Ferry | Boys and Girls | 1985
Just in the mood for some slick Ferry music, great dynamic range and recording quality on this too.

18 Likes

You’ll wear it out! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Eurythmics - Touch, a quality slice of early '80’s pop.

18 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town. The fourth, and my fav album from Bruce. Released on the 2nd June 1978, playing the high res remaster and it sounds pretty good.

18 Likes

To be fair MM only needs 4 strings, especially when you use them as well as he does.

5 Likes

Watching the footy with sound turned down while playing this excellent Blue Note Tone Poet:

5 Likes

Day 7. This is such a wonderful set, and fascinating to hear how it develops over each of the seven days.

5 Likes