What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I can well understand why this was a hit for RL - groovey!

2 Likes

Keeley Forsyth, Start Again from the Debris album, English musician and actress but new to me. Interesting stuff, Qobuz.

1 Like

And then , this

7 Likes

Puss n Boots, sister. Collaboration between Norah Jones, Sasha Dobson & Catherine Popper. Gentle start to a Friday morning. Noice. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Patricia Barber - Nightclub.

14 Likes

Now playing…

k.d. lang - Invincible Lang

k.d. lang (vocals), Rusty Anderson (Guitar), Rick Baptist (Trumpet), Teddy Borowiecki (Accordion, Keyboards), Denyse Buffum (Viola), Larry Corbett (Cello), Joel Derouin (Violin), John Friesen (Cello), John Fumo (Trumpet), Armen Garabedian (Violin), Berj Garabedian (Violin), Jon Hassell (Trumpet), Smokey Hormel (Guitar), Suzie Katayama (Cello), Peter Kent (Violin), Abe Laboriel, Jr. (Drums, Vocals), Abraham Laboriel, Sr. (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Damian leGassick (Brass Arrangement, Guitar, Keyboards, String Arrangements), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel), Mario de León (Violin), Gayle Levant (Harp), Jon Lewis (Trumpet), Wendy Melvoin (Guitar), Ben Mink (Keyboards, String Arrangements, Viola, Violin), Victoria Miskolczy (Viola), Bob Peterson (Violin), David Piltch (Bass, Cornet, Baritone Guitar, Keyboards, Loop, Mandolin, Moog Bass, Human Whistle), Daniel Smith (Cello), David Stenske (Viola), Jon Stewart (Guitar), Eric White (Drum Programming) and John Wittenberg (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… spent some time with friends, my wife sitting with the wife while the husband and I went out and picked up some home medical equipment to aide in the recovery of his wife after having major back surgery. Now sitting down to listen to this release (2000) from k. d. lang and she is sounding sublime! Life is sweet and the music is sweet…

8 Likes

Agreed!
Varèse was/is great.

I wondered if that album was influenced by ol’ Edgard at all…

2 Likes

Is that Mickie Most in the car with Suzie?

.sjb

Now playing…

Laura Marling - Once I Was An Eagle

Laura Marling (Vocals, Guitar), Ruth de Turberville (Cello), Ethan Johns (Drums) and Rex Horan (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Laura’s ‘Once I Was An Eagle’ album and she and the band are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

7 Likes

It is indeed @Sloop_John_B - and the guy leering in through the windscreen is Len Tuckey, Suzi’s guitarist, and at that time, also her husband.

Now playing…

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - WIND RIVER (soundtrack)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… this was mentioned the other day when I played the ‘Carnage’ album. I remember watching the movie a few years back and do not remember much about the soundtrack but did enjoy the movie. So taking this out this evening for a spin and the opening track is sounding mighty fine! …looking forward to the rest of the album.

6 Likes

Rumer, Nashville Tears. It’s lunch time. Let’s squeeze in some music! Love this one! :heart:

7 Likes

Now playing…

Michel Benita - River Silver

Michel Benita (Double Bass), Matthieu Michel (Flugelhorn), Mieko Miyazaki (Koto), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics) and Philippe Garcia (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24).… closing out the day with Michel’s ‘River Silver’ and it is some beautiful music works so well in preparing in heading off into dream land… The sextet is sounding sublime! …one very fine album.

1 Like

and a pi**ed Richard Burton… :wink:

19 Likes

An absolute classic and a must own for any jazz officianado.

12 Likes

Billy F. Gibbons - Hardware

10 Likes

Paul Young From Time to Time.

12 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. Work week is done or at least Friday work is done. There’s work for the weekend but it is time to relax. This one is splendid! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Such a good album. Must play it again soon. :notes:

1 Like