What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The rain continues… time for Headhunter

2 Likes

Savoy Brown Blues Band - Ain’t Done Yet (2020)
Heard the track “Feel Like A Gypsy” on TMEfm Radio - absolute knockout

Streaming on Qobuz

7 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - So I Write

Sidsel Endresen (Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion), Django Bates (Piano) and Jon Christensen (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this beautiful album from Sidsel and her talented members of the quartet are sounding sublime. Sidsel voice along with supporting musicians, Nils, Django and Jon, create lovely music! one very sweet album…

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The Groundhogs | Who Will Save The World? | 1972
Some fine 'Hogs to get this lovely evening started.

7 Likes

Listened. And then purchased after Patk posted yesterday ‘ today….listen to ‘Oom sha la la’ and see if the chorus gets u…

2 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - Exile

Sidsel Endresen (Voice), Django Bates (Piano, Tenor Horn), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet), Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion), David Darling (Cello) and Jens Bugge Wesseltoft (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another of Sidsel’s albums. She has such a beautiful voice and the music from the talented musicians who fill out this sextet is sounding sublime! A mellow and very enjoyable album and worth the time to give a listen…

1 Like

Way To Blue - The Songs Of Nick Drake
CD|2013

Various artists covering Nick Drake. First listen. So far it is enjoyable.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Lucinda Williams | Ramblin’ | 1979
Her bluesy debut where her voice is really shining through.

11 Likes

Listened to this today - thoroughly enjoyable.

1 Like

2020 Bird’s Nest Centennial Edition on lurid green vinyl. As part of my Charlie Parker education.

5 Likes

Blimey! After quarter of an hour, I think I’ve found a Charlie Parker record I really, really like!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Food - Quiet Inlet

Iain Ballamy (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics) and Thomas Strønen (Drums, Live Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Food’s “Quiet Inlet” and the quartet is sounding sublime! An enjoyable and lovely album…

2 Likes

I guess I can call myself a Fink fan!

8 Likes

LP - Blue Note 2019 reissue : )

Herbie Hancock – piano
Freddie Hubbard – trumpet
Dexter Gordon – tenor saxophone
Butch Warren – double bass
Billy Higgins – drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs on May 28, 1962

17 Likes

Agreed, and for anyone who likes good music :+1:
One of my favourites from the Impulse catalogue
:heart:

1 Like

By Jove I think he’s got it!

1 Like

Looks good, I’ll have to check that one out, definitely.

1 Like

The very unfashionable word ‘groovy’ is just so appropriate for this wonderful album.

2 Likes