What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Madonna beautiful stranger / 1999 Maverick / German CD single / W495CD

Not had a chance to play anything all day, so decided to give the system a workout with the incredible 10.12 minutes Calderone Club mix of beautiful stranger.

7 Likes

A quite stunning soundscape, soundtrack created for the famous silent film.
Unfortunately I never got to see any of the live presentations of this.

3 Likes

Was listening to some old Thin Lizzy, made me wonder about Eric Bell their guitarist

4 Likes

3 Likes

Watching the ace new series of Fargo and the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble War cropped up in the soundtrack. Saw them many years ago and they were a lot of fun as well as being good musicians. We seemed to be at least 30 years older than the rest of the audience. Lady BC was especially enamoured when they took their tops off! A few years later at Cheltenham they seem to have turned into a cheesy soul review - all suits and playing to da ladies in da house. Hohum.

1 Like

Now playing…

Food - This is not a miracle

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Electronics, Percussion, Moog, Fender Rhodes), Iain Ballamy (Saxophones, Electronics) and Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with another Food album and this talented trio is sounding mighty sweet!

2 Likes

Alan Jackson very enjoyable.

1 Like

Simply Red - A New Flame, a great slice of pop music, from when they were still a band.

11 Likes

The Eagles, hell freezes over. Saturday morning and I woke up extra early today. Starting with this energizer! :sunglasses:

Life in the fast lane! :partying_face::notes:

15 Likes

Classic Krautrock, on vinyl:

3 Likes

Now playing…

Food - Mercurial Balm

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Percussion, Electronics), Iain Ballamy (Saxophones, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Prakash Sontakke (Slide Guitar, Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Friday afternoon with another ‘Food’ album. The album was recoreded live between 2010 and 2011 at the Cheltenham Jazz Festivsl and the Victoria National Jazz Scence Club in Oslo. This sextet is sounding mighty sweet! …and I do love this album.

1 Like

Piano and drums. Wonderful.

1 Like

Enjoyed the Eric Bell album posted a little while back…on to another

1 Like

Gil Scott-Heron. Pieces of a Man, playing on CD rip. Fabulous debut album from GSH.

12 Likes

Hard to believe I bought this over 45 years ago! Still sounds brilliant!

16 Likes

You probably already know the beautiful accompaniment to Dylan Thomas’s Under Milk Wood .

3 Likes

I do, yes. It’s a great shame I never got to see Stan live. A wonderful musician.

Only a very recent discovery for me but yes it would be something to see these wonderful musicians live.
I was due to see Herbie Hancock live in Madrid next month supported by the excellent young British Jazz player Alfa Mist perhaps my last chance to see a living member of Miles’s second great Quintet.

Blimey, I forget they even existed. Time to turn out a box of old vinyl and crank up the RCM …

1 Like

Great album. The video might still be on Youtube.