What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A few guests appear on this 2004 release including Sting, Elton and Eric and it all sounds pretty good to me

Bruce Hornsby - Halcyon Days

7 Likes

My personal favourite Can album. Awesome drumming!

7 Likes

Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris, all the roadrunning. Continuing country music theme. So awesome! Just the first 3 notes and I am sold. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Danish String Quartet - Beethoven / Bartók / Bach ‎– Prism III
CD|2021

7 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - Madman

Sean Rowe (Bass, Fender Rhodes, Glockenspiel, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Handclapping, Piano, Shaker, Vocals), Jimmy Affatigato (Clarinet), Ben Campbell (Upright Bass, Bowed Bass), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Farfisa Organ, Glockenspiel, Handclapping, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Prepared Piano, Tambourine, Wurlitzer), Cara May Corman (Vocals), Mikaela Davis (Harp), Rex Hussmann (Accordion, Gyil, Piano), Chris Kyle (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Kesang Marstrand (Vocals), Jeff Nania (Baritone Saxophone), Sarah Pedinotti (Piano, Vocals), Ari Picker (Strings), Troy Pohl (Bass, Casio, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards) and Chris Weatherly (French Horn, Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the very talented Sean Rowe and his ‘Madman’ album and he and the band are sounding sublime! This is one sweet album…

5 Likes

Last one for the night. Hendrix in the West. Always in awe of his astonishing ability and agility in respect to the guitar

16 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - The Salesman and the Shark

Sean Rowe (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Rob Bochnik (Guitar), Mike Bolger (Trombone, Trumpet), Isobel Campbell (Vocals), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar), Hammond Organ), Paul Cartwright (Violin), Davey Chegwidden (Castanets, Bass Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Timpani), Daphne Chen (Violin), Danny Frankel (Drums), Geoff Gallegos (String Arrangements, String Conductor), Inara George (Vocals), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Petra Haden (Vocals), Markéta Irglová (Piano, Vocals), Woody Jackson Upright Bass, Bells, Clavinet, Electric Harpsichord, Guitar, Marxophone, Percussion, Timpani, Vibraphone, Wurlitzer), Chris Kyle (Electric Guitar), Living Sisters (Vocals ), Frank Moscowitz (Whistle), Octetto Magnifico (Strings), Clinton Patterson (Trumpet), Sarah Pedinotti (Organ, Piano, Vocals), Zac Rae (Dulcitone, Farfisa Organ, Hammond B3, Piano), Reiko Nakano (Violin), Gus Seyffert (Bass,Upright Bass, Double Bass), Aida Shahghasemi (Daf), Jennavive Varga (Violin) and Ina Veli (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Sean and his band are sounding sublime! Love Sean’s baritone voice and music…

3 Likes

Still the best album of the year. Love it so much.

2 Likes

Just Finished…

Sean Rowe - Magic

Sean Rowe (Floor Tom, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Adrian Cohen (Piano), Nic Fera (Drums), Clarke Foley (Bowed Bass), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Matthew Loiacono (Drums), Troy Pohl (Bass, Electric Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Xylophone), Danny Whelchel (Drums) and Monica Wilson (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continued on this afternoon with Sean Rowe’s ‘Magic’ album which, as always, is sounding mighty sweet! This 2011 release just shines and is one sweet album…

3 Likes

10 Likes

1 Like

Here’s a cool alert!! Check out the movie “Dead Man” with Johnny Depp…here’s the soundtrack. I believe Neil had a studio set up with countless video monitors set up so that while he played, no matter the way he turned he saw a screen. He recorded the soundtrack live along with the video as he watched. And this is waaay cool….plus Hi-res…

4 Likes

8 Likes

Larry Carlton Alone/But Never Alone / 1986 MCA / US CD / MCAD5689

Excellent start to a Sunday with this fabulous recording.

4 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet At Carnegie Hall / 2001 Columbia / Austria CD x 2 / C2K 61455

Piano Dave Brubeck
Alto Saxophone Paul Desmond
Bass Eugene Wright
Drums Joe Morello

11 Likes

For the past few years I’ve started the day with classical music and this is today’s choice. It’s a lovely album, beautifully sung and played.

7 Likes

Where did you pick that up Kev

Go8ng to rain most of the day, so nice day for listening music and watching cycling. A good start with this one.

5 Likes

Al Stewart, Year of the Cat, cd rip

I was just updating my phone for the car and spotted this was being synced…

Simply excellent!

Now playing through Audeze headphones on Matrix Element-i

17 Likes

Miles Davis - Get Up With It

I’m finding a renewed interest in all things Miles. Started the day with Miles Smiles, now continuing with this one. What an opener!

14 Likes